WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by HooKooDooKu View Post
    +1 on FB complaints...
    In addition to the crazy randomness of what FB shows you, I'm sick and tired of FB sending me a Notification that someone has replied to a comment I've made, and I click the link and it just takes me to the conversion, and now I'm supposed to FIND my post in a conversation with 1,000 replies, and you only get to see about 20 at a time (and you don't know if your reply was a top level reply or collapsed in some sub-response.
    If you can tell me I have a reply, why can't you just take me to the reply???
    Unfortunately, for collaboration and getting questions answered, it seems the ease of creating groups in Facebook means that's where the "action" is currently located.
    +∞! This drives me nuts! When friends and I are planning events we use FB events and then people respond to random comments and it's impossible to find the spot the response was made. This is something I think would be helpful here but the software as far as I know doesn't bring the user to the reply. I know other forum software can do it. It is something that would be helpful as it promotes engagement significantly. Currently the software will only note there was a response to a thread. It is something I will look up and discuss with ATTroll.
    "Sleepy alligator in the noonday sun
    Sleepin by the river just like he usually done
    Call for his whisky
    He can call for his tea
    Call all he wanta but he can't call me..."
    Robert Hunter & Ron McKernan

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

Images

Still lurking from time to time...from the old AT-L mailing list, to Trailplace, to Whiteblaze. From handwriting Baltimore Jack's resupply guide out to learning from Lone Wolf it was just walking - lots of knowledge has passed through these hallowed but overly moderated walls these many years.

The inactivity worries me!
    Something has happened ,not sure what but hikers do not show or lost interest in hiking.. My biggest redflag is YouTube where some of my favorite channels haven't posted in years and some just went offline(MyOwnFrontier) really sad!
    Maybe the same thing is happening here as well. I will NOT follow a channel where they show ass/tits click bait TheTrek has become like also.. ***! What has happened to good ole hiking!
    Last edited by Fëanor; 05-31-2024 at 17:42.

I hope to be here as long as I am here….

I still have the free “HYOH” stickers if anyone needs one.
    Want a 'Hike Your Own Hike' sticker?... => send me a message <=

Favorite quote;
    Quote Originally Posted by sailsET View Post
    My guess is that you are terribly lost, and have no idea how to the use the internet.

I wouldn't let inactivity during the busy spring and summer months be a concern. Many people are out doing things, graduations, weddings, vacations, and a lot of stuff in-between that typically shows up in spring, carries through summer, and ebbs in Autum.

WB has and will always be a great webpage for those who wish to share in our love of the AT, hiking and or just a place to visit and read what hikers are doing
    and thinking. Keep up the great work WB, as usual in life, things change and we all have to adapt to those changes.
    "I told my Ma's and Pa's I was coming to them mountains and they acted as if they was gutshot. Ma, I sez's, them mountains is the marrow of the world and by God, I was right". Del Gue

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
++ New Posts ++