PDA

View Full Version : Pink Blazing

Red Rover
09-25-2006, 19:51
I just read an article in the Valley Advocate (www.valleyadvocate.com (http://www.valleyadvocate.com)) concerning one female thru hikers experience concerning male thru hikers she essentially felt were stalking her. While it ultimately didn't keep her from completing her thru, it sure put a cramp in it. I had no idea this was even an issue and feel horrible about her experience (I'm male). I truly hope that I'm not naive about the kind of people that are thru hiking (male or female). I would love to hear from both "sides" about any experiences concerning this subject. If there is a problem out there, it needs to be fixed and we can all play a role.

ed bell
09-25-2006, 19:58
There was a thread here about that article. It has been closed, but can be viewed.http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=16948

Bloodroot
09-25-2006, 19:58
You can't control the actions of others. You also have to consider that guys will be guys and consider the actions of some not a part of the whole.

ed bell
09-25-2006, 19:59
Almost overlooked it, but :welcome to WB.

Skidsteer
09-25-2006, 20:03
...I had no idea this was even an issue and feel horrible about her experience (I'm male). I truly hope that I'm not naive about the kind of people that are thru hiking (male or female). I would love to hear from both "sides" about any experiences concerning this subject. If there is a problem out there, it needs to be fixed and we can all play a role.

Welcome to White Blaze, Red Rover. I encourage you to think for yourself and keep an open mind on the subject. :welcome

Red Rover
09-25-2006, 20:08
I actually searched the forums before posting this subject and did not find anything. Thanks for the link to the previous thread. I'll read it thru.

Sly
09-25-2006, 20:37
I actually searched the forums before posting this subject and did not find anything. Thanks for the link to the previous thread. I'll read it thru.

Really?

Results for Pink Blazing...

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/search.php?searchid=1181248

Lone Wolf
09-25-2006, 20:42
Pink blazing is wrong why? And this thread is useless without pictures.

Skidsteer
09-25-2006, 20:54
Really?

Results for Pink Blazing...

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/search.php?searchid=1181248

Hmm...

Results for 'Emily Weil' : http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/search.php?searchid=1181271

'stalking' : http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/search.php?searchid=1181278

'sexual harassment' : http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/search.php?searchid=1181294

'female thru hikers experience': http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/search.php?searchid=1181307

What were your search terms Red Rover?

Sly
09-25-2006, 20:59
362 results for "troll"

Rain Man
09-25-2006, 22:37
... If there is a problem out there, it needs to be fixed and we can all play a role.

The problem of young girls who are sexually abused/raped or suffer other trauma, who then suffer from "dissociation," which causes them to engage compulsively in "improper" sexual conduct is a far bigger problem than we'll fix here.

Sadly, too many WhiteBlazers couldn't care less about the vicitim, who grows up to continue the learned self-destructive behaviour.

When trauma happens to a soldier and he engages in compulsive self-destructive behaviour as a result, we give him support, counsel, treatment, empathy, and compassion. When it happens to a child, we call her names and degrade her all over again.

Your sentiment is on the right track, but I can't say it'll necessarily be warmly received on WhiteBlaze. But I like to hope for the best!

Rain Man

Tha Wookie
09-26-2006, 00:55
She sure did remember a lot of quoted dialogue from all over her 6 month hike. I don't doubt that she felt stalked, and perhaps she actually was, but she seems to be taking a lot of priveledges with her speech.

Yet still, I remember seeing that sort of thing... not to that degree. Of course, I'm a man and I wouldn't hear it anyway. But there were definitely guys going after girls. I never saw anything out of line, but I do see it all the time on town.

Read the story.... sounds like she slept around anyway. What does she expect?
----

"I knew Easy Rider was pink blazing me and I couldn’t shake him. When I decided to take an afternoon off and doze in the sun, he took the afternoon off, too. When I went into town for ice cream, he went, too. So, finally, I hiked with him because he was there. I shared some whiskey with him because he was there. I camped with him one night because he was there. When he invited me to sleep in his tent, I thought, “Why not? He’s here and he’s easy.”

I used other guys to ditch Easy Rider in the same way that I used Uncle John to ditch Ibby. In fact, the only effective way to ditch a pink blazer was to cozy up to someone else. I was oblivious to men’s feelings — in the same spirit of disrespect that they had shown me since Tray Mountain — but I wasn’t looking to ruin anyone’s hike. I just didn’t care."

“Save your disorder for the women down in Georgia. They’re nicer.”

SGT Rock
09-26-2006, 02:06
And you will start to see why we had to close the thread if this keeps up. There are those that think people responding are heartless and further victimizing her, and those that think she brought it on herself. In the end, the "truth" is subjective and either way is not very pretty.

Hopefully we can let this article die without another re-hash of the crap that went along with that thread. The article is a good thing for men and women getting ready to go on the trail to read and know how NOT to act.

Smile
09-26-2006, 08:09
Well said Sgt.

Hammock Hanger
09-26-2006, 08:18
... The article is a good thing for men and women getting ready to go on the trail to read and know how NOT to act.

Good comment Sgt.

I have mixed emotions about the article and will keep those thoughts to myself.

I am glad I was an old married lady.

StarLyte
09-26-2006, 08:36
Can't someone name it something different?
It's sounds so intrusive and crass.
GEEZUS.

Lone Wolf
09-26-2006, 08:38
Whoredogging?

StarLyte
09-26-2006, 08:51
Whoredogging?

I'll ask Blackstone later on what he thinks.

Red Rover
09-26-2006, 08:55
Hmm...

Results for 'Emily Weil' : http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/search.php?searchid=1181271

'stalking' : http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/search.php?searchid=1181278

'sexual harassment' : http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/search.php?searchid=1181294

'female thru hikers experience': http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/search.php?searchid=1181307

What were your search terms Red Rover?

I basically searched pink blazing in all forums.

Red Rover
09-26-2006, 08:56
GEEZUS.

I agree. It implies stalking.

Red Rover
09-26-2006, 09:16
And you will start to see why we had to close the thread if this keeps up. There are those that think people responding are heartless and further victimizing her, and those that think she brought it on herself. In the end, the "truth" is subjective and either way is not very pretty.

Hopefully we can let this article die without another re-hash of the crap that went along with that thread. The article is a good thing for men and women getting ready to go on the trail to read and know how NOT to act.

Sgt, I can see from some of the replies already that what you point out is true. I can see both points of view regarding this article. As I stated earlier, I searched pink blazing and came up with nothing. If I had, I would not have started this thread. I truly believe that the hiking community as a whole is a great deal more enlightened, especially when compared to some of the personalities portrayed in the article. Like any community however, there will always be those that will act outside the boundaries of what is considered "acceptable behavior". Forget what this article implies on both sides...I simply hope that if any of us out there see's anything going on that is truly out of line, I would like to think that the majority of us would try and do the right thing. It's just that simple.

Sly
09-26-2006, 09:32
I'm still trying to decide just who the victim(s) is/are?

Newb
09-26-2006, 09:38
I thought this thread was closed. Now it's open again. Didn't we all determine the girl in question is a nut?

Let's just let it go.

SGT Rock
09-26-2006, 09:46
Well that thread is still closed. This one was started by Red Rover who just didn't know and started it in good faith. Problem is that as civil as it is being right now, this thread has the chance to go to the dog at any second.

Hammock Hanger
09-26-2006, 09:51
GEEZUS.

I have to tell you I did not like the label "Pink Blazing" either. I won't say why, blush blush!! Then my friend said to get my mind out of the gutter and think Pink as in Girl - Blue as in Boy.

Oh, :o

Sly
09-26-2006, 10:09
So, when girls blue blaze we're not talking taking alternate trails? :D

Hammock Hanger
09-26-2006, 10:54
So, when girls blue blaze we're not talking taking alternate trails? :D

An answer for everything...:p

saimyoji
09-26-2006, 17:48
... this thread has the chance to go to the dog at any second.

Good grief!! Pink blaze a dog? :eek: A new low. :D

boarstone
09-26-2006, 19:06
To quote Dr. Phil ......"What was she thinking?"

Bloodroot
09-26-2006, 19:17
Just let it go......

Lone Wolf
10-02-2006, 09:25
Was just over on Wingfoot's site where there's a discussion on this. His advice to guys hitting the trail,"from an overall health standpoint, it's best not to swim in polluted ponds.":)

StarLyte
10-02-2006, 09:46
ahhhhh it's that dreaded pink word again........

Heater
10-02-2006, 10:11
ahhhhh it's that dreaded pink word again........

This one's for you, Starlyte.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lr848PoaRZk

johnny quest
10-02-2006, 10:32
pursuing a woman to the point that she feels harassed is wrong. irregardless if she is a nun or a ****. if you think she is a tease then dont talk to her. a tease can only do so if there is someone who allows themself to be teased. it doesnt matter if its on the hiking trail, at school or work, church or in a social setting. and anyone who observes this and doesnt speak up is wrong too.

Gray Blazer
10-02-2006, 10:37
GEEZUS.
Desperate Blazing? Hay Blazing (as roll in the hay)? Banana Blazing?:banana

Newb
10-02-2006, 12:48
Desperate Blazing? Hay Blazing (as roll in the hay)? Banana Blazing?:banana

Does Gray Blazing have something to do with old people pink blazing?

jlb2012
10-02-2006, 13:17
gray blazing is riding the dog (ie Grayhound bus)

Gray Blazer
10-02-2006, 14:00
Does Gray Blazing have something to do with old people pink blazing?
LMAO, I call myself Gray Blazer because I drive a gray chevy blazer. I used to be Bear Bait II, but, there were other Bear Baits. My son gave me a trail name on the AT last summer, View Master. I'm not sure what an AT Gray Blazer is but I would assume it would be anyone who is old enough to have gray hair or anyone who is just plain old, like Old Fhart. I'm not old yet, but, I'm getting there. Speaking of old people pink blazing, check out Neo's new pics and notice how many times the ones with the chicklets have been viewed as compared to the other pics. Kinda points out what someone noticed about the # of views in sexy hiker babe thread compared with the # of posts.
:banana

Gray Blazer
10-02-2006, 14:01
gray blazing is riding the dog (ie Grayhound bus)

I think you're right.

gumwood
10-02-2006, 17:20
This is for Red Rider:

I read the article just recently too and had some strong mixed feelings. I have also been fascinated by the threads regarding Weil's write-up on pink blazing.

First of all, it is unfortunate she puts a bad light on women hiking alone. I felt pretty safe out there. I met all types but most people were pretty decent. But then again, I'm not 20 and I was in my late 30's when I hiked the trail. So I guess I brought a little bit of street-smart with me into the woods.

I felt for the author when she described her situation at Tray Mtn. Ironically, I also experienced some rash remarks at that same shelter from some veteran AT hikers reliving their youth. They tried to call me Spinster. Is that like telling a young girl she's "thick?" I also had to hide behind a tree to get someone to pass me. That was pretty scary and annoying. So here I was thinking this article is going to be good.

But the middle of the article lost me. That kinda stuff with Easyrider and others doesn't just happen on the Trail. That happens everywhere. She just had to learn about it on the Trail, I guess. People can get clingy. Didn't she realize that? She got back on track when she talked about the OCD guy. Too bad the article didn't stay on the mark. It probably would have been more helpful.

And if she intermixed it with some positives, I would have liked her a lot more. I had more great memories from my thru-hike than bad experiences. And I handled things a little differently. For example, when a particular guy started annoying me at Stecoah Gap, I made sure everyone and anyone knew that this guy annoyed me. I didn't care if it made me look bad. He shook me up a bit. It was amazing how many people I mentioned my concerns to agreed I was doing the right thing and that I should follow my instincts. And fellow hikers, both men and women, helped me out.

I wish the article was a little more objective and less fanciful. Maybe I should write about my experiences...
GA-ME 2004.

gumwood
10-02-2006, 17:23
Sorry, meant Red Rover in the first line.

gumwood
10-02-2006, 17:24
Crap. Now you all know who I am. Oh well. Blah!

Topcat
10-02-2006, 19:11
LD, you should, I for one enjoyed your trail journal. The cover could be your Khatadin pose with black dress and champagne, an all time great pic at that sign.

Red Rover
10-02-2006, 20:09
gumwood...Thanks for your input. I also had mixed emotions about the article. Clearly, I could see both sides of the discussion.. the author being both the victim and the enabler. I was initially appalled by the idea that it might be possible for someone to be "stalked" on the trail and to have the "victim" not feel supported. I share your concerns about the balance of her article. The fact that you felt supported by a number of people when threatened was very good to hear. That is what I would hope and expect from the majority of the hiking community (or any community for that matter). The more sides to an issue that are presented, the better. Write away!

Frosty
10-02-2006, 23:31
gumwood...Thanks for your input. I also had mixed emotions about the article. Clearly, I could see both sides of the discussion.. the author being both the victim and the enabler. I was initially appalled by the idea that it might be possible for someone to be "stalked" on the trail and to have the "victim" not feel supported. I also had mixed feelings on the not supported part. THe Tray Mountain thing where she was insulted, and said that not one of the men had the balls to stand up for her.

Had I been there, I would not have said anything, but not because I don't have the balls. I would have taken my cue from her, and if she accepted it, and decided to handle the issue by ignoring the speaker, it would not be my place to speak up and force a confrontational handling of the situation.

If she had said something rather than just walk away, it might have been different. "That's rude.' "That's insulting." "I don't like that." "PLeaseleave me alone."Anything like that might have made the insulter back off, and if he persisted, then she might have found the others back her up. In particular, most men would speak up in her defense after a woman asked a guy to leave her alone and he persisted.

It's an odd world for men these days. We are supposed to treat women as equals sometimes, and still at other times be saviors and knights on horseback. We can do it, but we have to know which you want from us at the time.

There probably isn't a man alive who hasn't been referred to as a chauvinist when he was trying to be chivalrous. The best thing we can do is watch a woman, and see where she is coming from.

If we get no clues from the woman, then we tend to mind our own business. Not in cases of assault, etc, but I can see one type of woman just blow off an insult as was described, and be offended if a man present spoke up. To some women, ignoring is the way they go, and would not appreciate "making it worse by another man making a big deal over it."

Mostly, though, ladies, if you want men to be standing up for you, don't be sleeping with multiple partners on the trail, as it sounds like this woman did. Do that and the only men that will pay attention to you are the men you don't want to pay attention to you.

Tinker
10-02-2006, 23:53
I tend to think of myself as a brother to women on the trail, and a father to the younger ones. That, plus taking my marriage commitment seriously keeps me in line when dealing with women.

Some women think that others (men and women alike) have ESP or something, and can read a situation from their point of view. We need to communicate openly and not play mind games for fear of what others will think of us.
If the young woman was sleeping around, that's her choice, but if I knew she didn't want attention from certain men, I would certainly stand up for her.
Speaking up after the fact doesn't help right the past. It's good to have the situation out in the open for discussion now, however, for educational purposes.

Sly
10-03-2006, 06:16
Crap. Now you all know who I am. Oh well. Blah!

That's OK lots of people here know who each other is/are. :welcome

gumwood
10-03-2006, 09:06
Thanks Topcat for your remarks! Always good to hear.

As for the Katahdin photo, I was just a tiny put out that it wasn't nominated in the "most sexy hiker babe" thread.

Gray Blazer
10-03-2006, 09:36

As for the Katahdin photo, I was just a tiny put out that it wasn't nominated in the "most sexy hiker babe" thread.

Couldn't find it. Please post.

Heater
10-03-2006, 09:56

OK. I change my vote. :D

http://www.trailcommunity.com/trailjournals/photos/trailgallery/1757/tj1757%5F092304%5F160026.jpg

Heater
10-03-2006, 09:59

http://www.trailcommunity.com/trailjournals/photos/trailgallery/1757/tj1757%5F092304%5F160026.jpg

That's finishing up in style! :D

Gray Blazer
10-03-2006, 10:36
She gets my vote, and I hadn't voted yet. Any woman in a black dress is sexy, especially on the AT! Gumwood, the Swedish Blkini Backpacking Team has nothing on you!!

Tinker
10-03-2006, 12:02

Now, that's a class act!

We'll probably be seeing guys in tuxedos on top of the big K next thru season.:-?

Ewker
10-03-2006, 12:11
I bet that hurt like crazy hiking up there in those shoes

gumwood
10-03-2006, 12:12
:o You guys are too much!

SGT Rock
10-03-2006, 12:22
Now that is some classy hiking outfit. How much does it weigh and does it wick?

ScottP
10-03-2006, 12:33
I also felt stalked/harassed in a certian Virginia town(I hiked in a kilt), and I know that at least one other kilt-wearer had problems.

twosticks
10-03-2006, 13:43
I have to admit, that's a heck of a way to finish off a hike.

bfitz
10-03-2006, 14:34

Wow!!!!!!!

Sly
10-03-2006, 17:09
Wow!!!!!!!

Now that's a Sheila! ;)

emerald
10-03-2006, 17:38

Sometimes, it's not necessary to follow a statement or a question with a :D or a ;) !

saimyoji
10-03-2006, 17:49

She gets my vote, and I hadn't voted yet. Any woman in a black dress is sexy, especially on the AT! Gumwood, the Swedish Blkini Backpacking Team has nothing on you!!

Now, that's a class act!

We'll probably be seeing guys in tuxedos on top of the big K next thru season.:-?

Wow!!!!!!!

Now that's a Sheila! ;)

You guys are pathetic. Here we have a thread AGAINST what the author in the article in question did, and y'all are re-enacting the same thing right here on WB. Shamefull....or should I say shameless. I too shall leave no emoticon, but if I were to, it would be green.

Sly
10-03-2006, 18:30
I too shall leave no emoticon, but if I were to, it would be green.

Here, let me leave it for you, and a couple extras! :D:D:D all green....

Topcat
10-03-2006, 20:03
Your welcome LD.

Hope that didnt qualify as stalking.... :-)

Lone Wolf
10-03-2006, 20:05
Sounds like the dame in the K photo is being pink blazed. Excellent!!:D

Sly
10-03-2006, 20:19
Sounds like the dame in the K photo is being pink blazed. Excellent!!:D

All green with envy. I think I saw it somehow in a Norman Rockwell painting!

Newb
10-03-2006, 21:47
Ok. This is all leading to one huge swinging trail orgy and I for one don't want to be a part of ...it...umm....ok let's get naked.

Heater
10-03-2006, 23:33
Oh, the irony. :rolleyes:

Gray Blazer
10-04-2006, 07:22
You guys are pathetic. Here we have a thread AGAINST what the author in the article in question did, and y'all are re-enacting the same thing right here on WB. Shamefull....or should I say shameless. I too shall leave no emoticon, but if I were to, it would be green.
I stand by my statement. Gumwood wins! As far as pink blazing, I'm too old and too monogamous.:D

K0OPG
10-04-2006, 08:28
Originally Posted by saimyoji http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?p=252254#post252254)

No one called her thick, made disparaging comments about her or her lifestyle or tried to sleep with her. It is amazing that one cannot call a beautiful woman beautiful without being a disgusting ogre/sexist/pervert/that want's to jump her.

Like "gray Blazer" stated "too married and too monogamous".

And like I say: "I may be married, but I ain't blind".:eek:

She gets my vote for "Sexy Hiker Babe".

dixicritter
10-04-2006, 10:05
Ok well guess that would make me a pink blazer too then??:eek: :-?

Cause I thought it was a really cool pic too. ;)

but geez I really HATE that term!

T-Dubs
10-04-2006, 10:12
Ok well guess that would make me a pink blazer too then??:eek: :-?

(Let me apologize in advance for my post)

NOW this thread is starting to get interesting! :)

Tom

dixicritter
10-04-2006, 10:25
I wondered who would be the first to say it...LOL.

Biloxi
10-04-2006, 10:35
that would give a new meaning to the "GATHERING":D

dixicritter
10-04-2006, 10:48
OK serious question....

Why Pink Blazing? Could it be more crude sounding? Obviously made up by a guy or group of guys because I don't know of a woman in her right mind that would think this funny or in the least bit amusing.

Time To Fly 97
10-04-2006, 11:05
OK serious question....

Why Pink Blazing? Could it be more crude sounding? Obviously made up by a guy or group of guys because I don't know of a woman in her right mind that would think this funny or in the least bit amusing.

Pink Blazing is just hiking less miles because you are making a new relationship your priority instead of hitting mileage goals. I could see pink blazing being applied to women slowing down for men as well. This is just trailspeak, just like "yellow blazing" or "slack packing"... I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of women hikers found this a little amusing. It is kinda funny.

Happy hiking!

TTF

Alligator
10-04-2006, 11:15
OK serious question....

Why Pink Blazing? Could it be more crude sounding? Obviously made up by a guy or group of guys because I don't know of a woman in her right mind that would think this funny or in the least bit amusing.People put pink clothes on baby girls. It's a traditional color for females.

saimyoji
10-04-2006, 11:27
Originally Posted by saimyoji http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?p=252254#post252254)

No one called her thick, made disparaging comments about her or her lifestyle or tried to sleep with her. It is amazing that one cannot call a beautiful woman beautiful without being a disgusting ogre/sexist/pervert/that want's to jump her.

Like "gray Blazer" stated "too married and too monogamous".

And like I say: "I may be married, but I ain't blind".

She gets my vote for "Sexy Hiker Babe".

blahblahblah....I too shall leave no emoticon, but if I were to, it would be green.

Here, let me leave it for you, and a couple extras! :D:D:D all green....

Apparently you either didn't read, or didn't comprehend my entire post. This emoticon :D is the only green one.

Heater
10-04-2006, 11:43
People put pink clothes on baby girls. It's a traditional color for females.

Exactly.

I had not really thought of it any other way until someone expressed that they were uncomfortable with the phrase. Now it's all I think about when I hear it.

This site is a bad influence to my innocent disposition. :eek: :rolleyes:

Heater
10-04-2006, 11:46
Apparently you either didn't read, or didn't comprehend my entire post. This emoticon :D is the only green one.

I too, thought you mean't green with envy and was going to suggest that she would probably loan you the dress if you asked nicely.

Glad I didn't do that! :eek:

:D :D

Alligator
10-04-2006, 11:52
... Now it's all I think about when I hear it.
A large Milwaukee's Best Light can is going to drop down on your head if it wasn't all you were thinking about before too;) .

Heater
10-04-2006, 11:59
A large Milwaukee's Best Light can is going to drop down on your head if it wasn't all you were thinking about before too;) .

Heh! that's the funniest thing I've heard since... well... post 17. ;)

Heater
10-04-2006, 12:03
...and just who the heck is Blackstone, anyway? :confused:

StarLyte
10-04-2006, 12:27
...and just who the heck is Blackstone, anyway? :confused:

Who said irony?

Pink blazing and Blackstone in the same thread. What's the world coming to.

I will introduce you to Blackstone, should I ever meet you. He'll be at the Gathering. He wouldn't miss it.

Lone Wolf
10-04-2006, 12:51
I know Blackstone real well.

Alligator
10-04-2006, 12:59
He's from California.

Alligator
10-04-2006, 13:02
I know Blackstone real well.OMG I think LW just got hit by a large beer can!

Heater
10-05-2006, 11:07
I will introduce you to Blackstone, should I ever meet you.

Should I be afraid?!! :confused:

Skidsteer
10-05-2006, 18:06
Should I be afraid?!! :confused:

Noooo...Friends of Blackstone get chances at valuable prizes (http://www.pacwine.com/blackstone/index.htm).

Heater
10-05-2006, 18:19
Noooo...Friends of Blackstone get chances at valuable prizes (http://www.pacwine.com/blackstone/index.htm).

Whooooohoooo! A trip to Austin City Limits! :clap

Waitaminute... :-?

:rolleyes:

Skidsteer
10-05-2006, 18:25
Whooooohoooo! A trip to Austin City Limits! :clap

Waitaminute... :-?

:rolleyes:

You may be able to walk home after the party. No cab fare or attorney's fees. Sweet!

Heater
10-06-2006, 09:54
You may be able to walk home after the party. No cab fare or attorney's fees. Sweet!

Yes I could... and have... ;)

Long story... :D :D :D

Nightwalker
10-06-2006, 15:06
Was just over on Wingfoot's site where there's a discussion on this. His advice to guys hitting the trail,"from an overall health standpoint, it's best not to swim in polluted ponds.":)
Well...

He doesn't hike, and he isn't into pink.

Nightwalker
10-06-2006, 15:18

I walked home from Dot's last night. Was too chicken to come drunkwalking up Laurel. Sneaked in the back way by the Creeper. Dang that red beer, and me for drinking a gallon of it. And Woof for telling me about Karaoke night, for that matter...

:D

irritable_badger
10-07-2006, 15:12
Pink Blazing is just hiking less miles because you are making a new relationship your priority instead of hitting mileage goals. I could see pink blazing being applied to women slowing down for men as well. This is just trailspeak, just like "yellow blazing" or "slack packing"... I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of women hikers found this a little amusing. It is kinda funny.

Happy hiking!

TTF

What do pink blazing and relationships have to do with one another?

Just as many girls "pink blaze" as the guys. The girls are just as interested in "starting a new relationship" as guys. Anyone who disagrees should see sentence one (1) of the following paragraph.

In addition, unless something is wrong with a guy then he should have had to blow off some unattractive skanks along the trail. No different than the girls.

Personally I think the vast majority of the time when a someone says "stalked" they're just looking for attention (i.e. someone to defend them, gentlemanly conduct, chivalry, blah, blah, &c). Preventing a "stalking" is one of the quickest ways to a succesful "pink blaze".

Heater
10-07-2006, 15:20
Preventing a "stalking" is one of the quickest ways to a succesful "pink blaze".

As demonstrated by the subject of this thread, repeatedly, it seems. ;)

max patch
10-07-2006, 16:47
Well...

He doesn't hike, and he isn't into pink.

Are you repeating hearsay or do you have personal knowledge of your claims?

Frosty
10-07-2006, 19:28
In addition, unless something is wrong with a guy then he should have had to blow off some unattractive skanks along the trail. Sure. I would imagine a sensitive guy such as yourself would find himself admired by many women.

irritable_badger
10-08-2006, 00:01
Sure. I would imagine a sensitive guy such as yourself would find himself admired by many women.

Two Points:

(1) You are comparing apples to doughnuts; what does sensitivity have to do with being admired by women?

(2) What does pink blazing have to do with being admired by women? (see sentences one (1) and two (2) of paragraph two (2) of my original reply) In my experience admiration on the part of either party is completely unnecessary to pink blazing. I find it's more a matter of synchronistic localities.

Or in the words of Socket: "Da woods is a big lonely place, if they ain't nothing too wrong with her, just do it and let the English see you do it"

Politically correct viewers can substitute "her" for "him" in the above sentence.

SGT Rock
10-08-2006, 00:06
So since Blue blazing already has a definition, would the inverse action (girl chasing a guy) be best called beard blazing?

irritable_badger
10-08-2006, 00:08
So since Blue blazing already has a definition, would the inverse action (girl chasing a guy) be best called beard blazing?

Purple Blazing

Frosty
10-08-2006, 15:27
(1) You are comparing apples to doughnuts; what does sensitivity have to do with being admired by women? I stand corrected. Women admire sensitive men and insensitive men equally.

(2) What does pink blazing have to do with being admired by women?Nothing at all. Who said it did? I was merely sympathizing with you because you seem to have trouble with many women admiring you and trying to get to know you better, as you said in an earlier post:

In addition, unless something is wrong with a guy then he should have had to blow off some unattractive skanks along the trail.

emerald
10-08-2006, 15:38

I was also thinking to avoid confusion, blue-blazing should not have a double meaning. Someone else apparently was thinking the same. I'm not saying I've put forth the best suggestion, just another.

Since some of the women apparently object to the term pink-blazing, we might refer to following the girls or a particular one as girl-blazing instead.

It would be best to follow the girls or guys that have as a primary objective reaching the same terminous or else one could get seriously side-trailed.

emerald
10-08-2006, 16:26
Maybe boy- or girl-blazing is something that improves the completion rate?:-?;) I guess it depends upon whether you're following someone who goes all the way and whether or not he or she wants anything to do with you.:rolleyes:

Perhaps if your hike doesn't appear to be going anywhere, it's simply a matter of finding someone else to follow who hikes at a compatible pace and appreciates the company?:)

I know I almost invariably walked at my own pace since I only hiked with others that were hiking toward Katahdin at my intended rate regardless of their gender.

Topcat
10-08-2006, 17:07
I remember in the video "2000 Miles to Maine" that Jack, the guy who had the dog following him from Springer to Neels talking about his trail romance and how he ended up leaving the trail after his girl friend did because he didnt want to finish without her. I guess it can go either way.

Early in my life, i made a bad decision of not going to live in Paraguay for a year because my girlfriend said she wouldnt wait for me if i did. I should of went and if it were meant to be, she would have waited. I have regretted that decision for 20 years, even though i married her.

Sly
10-08-2006, 17:15
I was also thinking to avoid confusion, blue-blazing should not have a double meaning. Someone else apparently was thinking the same. I'm not saying I've put forth the best suggestion, just another.

It could be a women only thing, kinda secretive. "Hey, have you done any blue blazing lately?" "Yeah, I did the Chunky Guy Trail!"

Frosty
10-08-2006, 20:39
It would be best to follow the girls or guys that have as a primary objective reaching the same terminous or else one could get seriously side-trailed.Talk about your classic understatements!!! :D

bfitz
10-08-2006, 23:40
Since some of the women apparently object to the term pink-blazing, we might refer to following the girls or a particular one as girl-blazing instead.
It'll still be "pink-blazing" if they're not around.

emerald
10-09-2006, 00:01
It'll still be "pink-blazing" if they're not around.

It's synonymous then with girl-blazing and boy-blazing is its antonym?:) I call for the question!;) Let's conduct a binding WhiteBlaze.net poll.:D

bfitz
10-09-2006, 00:05
Boy-blazing is at most very rare, unless it means altering your hike to avoid a pink-blazer....

bfitz
10-09-2006, 00:17
And how do we incorporate other sexual orientions into the terminology? This is too confusing! if we simply take the most potentially offensive interpretation of the "pink" it becomes a universally applicable term. I think people will just have to suck it up and accept the term and it's etymology as-is rather than trying to revise liguistic evotion for the sake of political correctness.

emerald
10-09-2006, 00:29
It seems we have two motions on the board (floor). I guess we'll need to wait for the presiding officer to chime in to see how he wants to handle the issue.

SGT Rock
10-09-2006, 01:43
I still like the term Beard Blazing when reffering to a guy.

I also like the term pink blazing, but apparently some of the women are against it.

emerald
10-09-2006, 02:25
If you're talking about gals chasing guys thru the woods in the manner of Benny Hill, we might have a problem if those gals are southbounders and it's hunting season here in Pennsylvania.:rolleyes: In certain groups that reside here, the men wear beards to indicate they are married. Those same men in some cases eschew the automobile, if you know what I mean.;)

During hunting season, it is not uncommon to find some of these bearded men in the woods, even on the A.T.:-? Of course, unless they are in violation of the law, they should be wearing blaze orange, but then it would be wise for bearded hikers to also be wearing blaze orange.

I'm just concerned one or more of these beard-blazing hikers may set off after one of the bearded hunters thinking he is a bearded hiker.:eek: This could lead to all kinds of problems!

We have enough problems here during spring gobbler season with people trying to tell which turkeys are bearded.

Gray Blazer
10-09-2006, 07:59

Not BLUE BLAZING, but, BLUES BLAZING (as in "Do yo gots da blues?) because if a woman wants you that bad, yo gonna get da blues sooner or later. (It's a man joke, ladies).

TOW
10-09-2006, 13:23
I walked home from Dot's last night. Was too chicken to come drunkwalking up Laurel. Sneaked in the back way by the Creeper. Dang that red beer, and me for drinking a gallon of it. And Woof for telling me about Karaoke night, for that matter...

:D

everybody said you were the best singer that night...........

bfitz
10-09-2006, 14:02
I still like the term Beard Blazing when reffering to a guy.

I also like the term pink blazing, but apparently some of the women are against it.There are beards and there are beards...that term could be misleading too, if ya know what I mean....

Outlaw
10-10-2006, 11:20
And how do we incorporate other sexual orientions into
the terminology?

How about Rainbow Blazing? This term could be used to cover every situation except for the most universally accepted terms for white blazing, blue blazing and yellow blazing. Kinda has a broad-sprectrum appeal to it... if you know what I mean. "Hey bro, that babe just rainbow blazed me!" [guy talking to guy about a girl] or "Yo, bro, that dude is rainbowing me!" [guy talking to a guy about a third guy] or "I can't believe it, but that guy over there, yeah the one with the beard, he's been rainbowing me!" [a girl talking either to a girl or guy about a guy].

Gray Blazer
10-10-2006, 11:32
How about Rainbow Blazing? This term could be used to cover every situation except for the most universally accepted terms for white blazing, blue blazing and yellow blazing. Kinda has a broad-sprectrum appeal to it... if you know what I mean. "Hey bro, that babe just rainbow blazed me!" [guy talking to guy about a girl] or "Yo, bro, that dude is rainbowing me!" [guy talking to a guy about a third guy] or "I can't believe it, but that guy over there, yeah the one with the beard, he's been rainbowing me!" [a girl talking either to a girl or guy about a guy].
Sounds PC to me. I hope I don't get rainbow blazes by some guy.:D

Lone Wolf
10-10-2006, 11:38
Rainbow blazing would be a homo thing.
http://jasewells.com/gayicons/

Outlaw
10-10-2006, 12:55
Rainbow blazing would be a homo thing.
http://jasewells.com/gayicons/

...and you would know this how?:D

Lone Wolf
10-10-2006, 12:59
Cuz I've been to Asheville and homo signs and flags are everywhere.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
10-10-2006, 13:08
Oh, the things a photoshopper could do with this thread....

the goat
10-10-2006, 13:09
Oh, the things a photoshopper could do with this thread....

i dare you!:D

bfitz
10-10-2006, 14:22
Yeah, rainbow is taken, although it does have a ring....sounds a bit more platonic than "pink" though...

chomp
10-10-2006, 14:26
To steal a line from Saturday Night Live when Tom Brady was hosting...

"You CAN have sex with women on the trail and not be looked at as a total creep if you follow a few simple rules:

Be Handsome..

Be Attractive..

and Don't Be Unattractive. "

Full video here:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=o7jbgbMK0vI

bfitz
10-10-2006, 14:27
Although if we were to go in the direction of differentiation of varieties of booty-blazing, rainbow-blazing could apply to to gay and lesbian blazing. Waitaminute....did I just say bootyblazing? No...it would confuse the pirates.....not those pirates....I should shut up now.....

Outlaw
10-10-2006, 15:08
rainbow-blazing could apply to to gay and lesbian blazing. So, if we leave rainbow blazing to the gay & lesbian hiking community, then how about prey blazing? I mean, isn't that what a pink blazer is doing anyway-- tailing his/her "prey" or "preying" on others? I also thought up tail blazing, (tailing & blazing combined) but thought the better of it.:cool:

Lone Wolf
10-10-2006, 15:16
Pink blazing is simply a term used after you've gotten laid on the trail.

Footslogger
10-10-2006, 15:27
=========================

.........after ??

'Slogger

bfitz
10-10-2006, 16:15
Actually...Tailblazing works great! It's universal. too. I guess it's not much more politically correct, but I like it.

Outlaw
10-10-2006, 16:45
Actually...Tailblazing works great! It's universal. too. I guess it's not much more politically correct, but I like it.

Maybe I can get a job at a Madison Avenue advertising firm writing ideas for new ad jingles. "Tailblazing, it's what's for dinner." Nah, maybe, "how do you handle a hungry man, tail blaze him!" On second thought, maybe such a job isn't in my future afterall!

twosticks
10-10-2006, 16:46

spoken like true wiseman. eloquent and too the point.

Alligator
10-10-2006, 16:56
Maybe I can get a job at a Madison Avenue advertising firm writing ideas for new ad jingles. "Tailblazing, it's what's for dinner." Nah, maybe, "how do you handle a hungry man, tail blaze him!" On second thought, maybe such a job isn't in my future afterall!"Tail, it does a body good."

Alligator
10-10-2006, 16:56
"Tail, the other pink meat."

VictoriaM
10-10-2006, 22:47
I like tailblazing! Works for me.

Gray Blazer
10-11-2006, 07:03
So since Blue blazing already has a definition, would the inverse action (girl chasing a guy) be best called beard blazing?It's people like Hayduke that give beards a bad name-E Abbey

Johnny Swank
10-11-2006, 10:38
I'm telling you people, hike SOBO if you want less of this kind of drama. You might have (Chip)Monk-Blazing but that's about it.:sun

Outlaw
10-11-2006, 11:11
I like tailblazing! Works for me.

Okay, we got the seal of approval from one female member. Should we put this proposal out for a poll?

dixicritter
10-11-2006, 21:25
Okay, we got the seal of approval from one female member. Should we put this proposal out for a poll?

I think it's quite time to let this one go, don't you? It has become a shameful display of childishness at this point that is frankly quite offensive. I personally don't find a damn thing funny about stalking or being stalked. Nor do I find rape or any other sexual crime funny.

Outlaw
10-11-2006, 22:23
I think it's quite time to let this one go, don't you? It has become a shameful display of childishness at this point that is frankly quite offensive. I personally don't find a damn thing funny about stalking or being stalked. Nor do I find rape or any other sexual crime funny.

I certainly didn't mean to be offensive to anyone, especially other members of WB. I would physically defend any woman against a sex-based crime; whether it be stalking, rape or sodomy. However, there seems to be differing opinions as to what the original term (e.g. pink blazing) means. Like you, I originally took it to mean a form of stalking or preying on another (see my post #130). However, some believe (e.g. see post #131) that this is not the case, but to them it means sexual relations between consenting adult hikers. As noted in #130, I first came up with the term "prey blazing", which is quite appropos if the original term (e.g. pink blazing) means what you stated (and what I also interpreted the term to mean). In fact, the term tail blazing was one that I also indicated meant a stalking or preying type scenario, but I also thought it may be considered offensive by females. Apparently other members of WB thought it (tail blazing) was a fitting term, including one female WB member (see #138). In reviewing post #94 you will note that Boston claims he met a female hiker along the trail that nicknamed herself Pink Blazer. In fact, it appeared to me that "your other half" also condoned the term pink blazing (see his posts #102 & 115). Finally, I found in post #72 that you called yourself a pink blazer. Sounds a little like a case of the "pot calling the kettle black." I'm sorry, but I felt the need to defend and attempt to exonerate myself (to some degree) here.

All in all, I agree wholeheartedly that based on the lack of a clear and concise definition of what exactly the term pink blazing means, perhaps it is best to close this thread once and for all.

Alligator
10-11-2006, 23:01
First time I heard the term pink blazing used it didn't have any negative connotations about it. It was used to say a male hiker was interested in a female hiker enough to alter his pace. Pink was used to indicate it was a female the guy was interested it. This was out on the trail. I also heard the flip situation was called navy blazing, as blue blazing was taken. I suppose someone could read into that too. It was only after the article by Emily Weil was published that pink blazing became something sinister, at least in this forum. The term had been raised before without objections previously.

Now I honestly thought we were coming up with some gender neutral with tail blazing. Perhaps with a wink and a nod considering it was meant that one party was hoping to score with another, but nevertheless no violence intended. It seemed to me to be reasonably PC.

Maybe I should have added a clip of the Oscar Meyer music:-? :p .

dixicritter
10-12-2006, 05:52
Finally, I found in post #72 that you called yourself a pink blazer. Sounds a little like a case of the "pot calling the kettle black."

That post was meant as sarcasm. :rolleyes: You also failed to mention that in that same post I also say that I HATE the term.
http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showpost.php?p=252558&postcount=72

It also matters not to me what my husband's views on the matter are, he has his opinion and I have mine. We are two different people with two different minds. I don't tell him what to think and he doesn't tell me what to think. He can be fine with the term all he wants to be.

The problem I have is not necessarily with the terminology itself, but with what it has come to stand for recently I guess. It may not have started out with a negative connotation but it has been given one on the internet at least.

Call me silly but I thought hiking was about getting out on the trail to experience nature, not to be out scouting for tail. Gosh what was I thinking.

Outlaw
10-12-2006, 08:00
It may not have started out with a negative connotation but it has been given one on the internet at least.

Call me silly but I thought hiking was about getting out on the trail to experience nature, not to be out scouting for tail. Gosh what was I thinking.

You are right when you say it did not start out with a negative connotation, but seemed to have changed right here on WB after the article in the Hartford Advocate appeared in a now closed WB thread. Too bad things seem to have gotten so out of hand on this subject. I joined WB with the sole purpose of learning new backpacking skills and tricks as well as gain some very insightful knowledge from so many learned and experienced WB members. In fact, I only read threads and did not post anything until just recently. Unfortunately, I too have become a "WB addict" and have found myself caught up in some of the BS and minutia that abounds on many websites. Ironically, I am happily married (23 yrs now) and day hike with my wife and 2 teenagers and my primary backpacking partner is my 16 yr old son. When I'm in the woods, I have absolutely no interest in trying to "score" with a female anymore than I would stalk or sexually assault a female in the woods or anywhere for that matter!

Perhaps DC your last message was a good reminder of why I joined WB and for me to limit my comments and posts to only those that pertain to what I came here seeking in the first place.

P.S. for the record, I would have noted in my previous post that you "HATE" the term, but since you stated it in such a small font size and just above your signature, I didn't read it because I thought it was just a part of your signature. My apologies. Finally, I only mentioned "your other half" because as a WB administrator and moderator, he threatened to close this thread in post #24 if it got out of hand-- some 121 posts ago.

Nean
10-12-2006, 08:51
I should keep better track of these things.:cool:
There is nothing more natural than being attracted to the other sex and (if single) trying to put yourself in position to know them better.:) Pink blazing is what my father would call girl chasing. If pink blazing is a bad term now on WB thats too bad. People who were not fimiliar w/ the term must of jumped to some negative conclusions.:confused:
The girl who wrote that artical needs help and I'm not trying to be :rolleyes: .

woodsy
10-12-2006, 09:47
If pink blazing is offensive to some then maybe it should be changed to something more original and AT associated like bushwacking!

sprocket06
10-12-2006, 10:21
I believe pink blazing is the best description, afterall the womans genitalia is PINK

Tha Wookie
10-12-2006, 10:23

What's more natural than reproduction?

Red Rover
10-12-2006, 10:48
Call me silly but I thought hiking was about getting out on the trail to experience nature, not to be out scouting for tail. Gosh what was I thinking.[/quote]

That is exactly why I started this thread. I was hoping to hear from the WB community that this type of behaviour was far from the norm. The last thing any AT hiker should have to worry about is being harrassed by other hikers. I understand many people are open to new relationships, but that is not what this article implied. I have to admit I was really disappointed with the direction taken by a large segment of this thread. I explained early on, If I had found the first thread (and I did look) I would not have started this one. Sgt Rock warned it might get silly and it sure did. Really disappointing. It is definitely time to close this thing.

Outlaw
10-12-2006, 11:04
Thanks to Woodsie, Sprocket & Wookie for your comments. They're about as helpful to this situation as dumping a C-130 load of napalm on a wildfire that is already burning out of control!:(

IMHO I respectfully suggest we all cease and desist from adding anything further to this thread. May this thread rest in peace once and for all.

Heater
10-12-2006, 12:06

Oh, that was a loaded question... and I think I'll... pass... on that one. :rolleyes:

max patch
10-12-2006, 12:07

Thats a silly retort and you know it.

Pink blazers are looking to get laid, not make a baby.

Gray Blazer
10-12-2006, 12:33
All right, where's the immature forum? Ladies, tell us what you want it called and the gentlemen will respect that. The rest will continue to act immature.

dixicritter
10-12-2006, 13:44
I certainly don't speak for all ladies, but has anyone ever thought that maybe most ladies are out on the trail to hike, not to score or get laid?

Another thing that I thought of, is threads like this and practices like this make it very difficult for married men to convince their non-hiking wives that "nothing like this happens on the trail" when it's talked about like this online. How can we advise a man coming here asking us to "help me convince my wife to let me go hiking" to send her here to read threads, when this type of thing is one of the threads she'll see. Think this'll help his case?

Or how about the women who are trying to convince their husband's that it is safe for them to hike alone? If she posts here and he opens the site to read even using her id, he's not going to believe her when she tells him it's safe now is he? Think about it guys, especially you who are married, how would you feel?

I know some of you are trying to be funny, but again I say this kind of thing isn't funny to some women. You never know who you're talking to, what they've been through or dealt with in their lives.

I should close this thread, but I think I will leave it open a little longer in the hopes that maybe it will turn back around. I hope I'm not disappointed.

Alligator
10-12-2006, 14:11
I certainly don't speak for all ladies, but has anyone ever thought that maybe most ladies are out on the trail to hike, not to score or get laid?...Men and women will try to hookup anyplace that men and women interact, whether it's a bar, bowling alley, office, hospital, wherever. It's human nature. I think most people (M & W) are out there to hike and are not looking for romance but that it really does happen and that a trail slang term was invented for a man expressing interest in a women. As I mentioned there was a reciprocal term used for females chasing males, navy blazing and I heard this terminology more than two years ago on trail. In fact, it was posted here and no one said a word then.

Another thing that I thought of, is threads like this and practices like this make it very difficult for married men to convince their non-hiking wives that "nothing like this happens on the trail" when it's talked about like this online. How can we advise a man coming here asking us to "help me convince my wife to let me go hiking" to send her here to read threads, when this type of thing is one of the threads she'll see. Think this'll help his case? That's his problem to address. The couple should be secure enough in their relationship else don't go. How would this couple handle a business trip? Trust. It's not trail specific.

Or how about the women who are trying to convince their husband's that it is safe for them to hike alone? If she posts here and he opens the site to read even using her id, he's not going to believe her when she tells him it's safe now is he? Think about it guys, especially you who are married, how would you feel? See above.

I should close this thread, but I think I will leave it open a little longer in the hopes that maybe it will turn back around. I hope I'm not disappointed.
IMHO I think you are too invested in this thread and should consult the other administrators. While I expect them to have your back, perhaps a second opinion is in order. It's heavy handed to express your opinion then at the end of the post threaten to close the thread.

Newb
10-12-2006, 14:15
yes. This is all out of hand here. Next thing you know someone is gonna come up with a new offensive term...like "StinkBlazing" (sleeping with another hiker after 5 days on the trail) or, of course, SwingBlazing (Sleeping with every hiker you meet, regardless).

jlb2012
10-12-2006, 16:30

this thread is like a slow motion car wreak sliding down the road - nothing you can do and its going to be ugly when it hits

now that the trolls have jumped on the subject the best thing you can do is to lock it down and or kill it

Nean
10-12-2006, 20:27
It seems strange to me that some folks here on the web want to change the meaning of a well established trail term into something negative. It's like those one or two who object to the term slackpacker.:confused: IMO, its a high horse these folks are riding. I love to hike, but does that mean I can't or shouldn't enjoy meeting/getting to know someone with the same interest..... because they are the opposite sex?:( And if I don't go along with the new meaning the thread should be closed?:mad: I,m glad WB has higher standards. Here's an idea! If you can't/ don't want to be open to others opinions on the subject then move along. There are plenty of other threads.:eek:

Outlaw
10-12-2006, 21:04
The terms white blazing, blue blazing and yellow blazing are all well established and recognized terms that have been used for eons. They have only one generally accepted definition without any hidden or alternative meaning.

Pink blazing, on the other hand, apparently does not enjoy the same level of clarity as the other three colors. It seems to mean one thing to some, another thing to others and who knows, it may possess even more meanings that I'm not aware of. Some people find it okay to use it while others find it to be degrading and offensive. The same goes for "tail blazing" "rainbow blazing" and "beard blazing."

If someone I respect asks me to forego using a term they find particularly offensive, I do that out my respect for that individual. Does it mean I won't use that term again? No. Does it mean that I agree with their beliefs? No. I just avoid using that particular word in front of that particular person purely out of respect.

I'm not on a high horse whatsoever. But at the same time, I try not to make anyone feel uncomfortable. Sometimes it is wiser to just walk away and drop an issue than to continue arguing, which only leaves everyone involved with ill feelings. These are my reasons for supporting the death of this thread.

Frosty
10-12-2006, 21:53
The terms white blazing, blue blazing and yellow blazing are all well established and recognized terms that have been used for eons. They have only one generally accepted definition without any hidden or alternative meaning.

Pink blazing, on the other hand, apparently does not enjoy the same level of clarity as the other three colors. I disagree. Here is yet one more chance for me to keep my mouth shut, but I think Pink is associated with girls, blue with boys. If some one mentions pink in relation to women, that is what they are meaning. Pink = female.

Lone Wolf
10-12-2006, 22:07
Nope. I been on the AT 20 years now. Pink blazing refers to pigment.

irritable_badger
10-12-2006, 22:11
Nope. I been on the AT 20 years now. Pink blazing refers to pigment.

Of course it refers to pigment.

While pink is historically associated with females (both babies and women) it is for no other reason than the color of their junk; therefore it is silly to think that the hiker community is using it in a different manner than the rest of the world.

Lone Wolf
10-12-2006, 22:18

While pink is historically associated with females (both babies and women) it is for no other reason than the color of their junk; therefore it is silly to think that the hiker community is using it in a different manner than the rest of the world.

The "hiker community" which I'm not part of, is naive. Straight men lust after a women's pinkness. Pretty ***n simple. Get over it and shut this rediculous thread down.
Yours in pink,
Wolf:rolleyes:

irritable_badger
10-12-2006, 22:21
He said pinkness.

Frosty
10-12-2006, 22:22

While pink is historically associated with females (both babies and women) it is for no other reason than the color of their junk; therefore it is silly to think that the hiker community is using it in a different manner than the rest of the world.I know I'm going to hate myself for asking this, but:

If color is pigment, and blue is associated with males, then...what is the blue?

irritable_badger
10-12-2006, 22:24
I know I'm going to hate myself for asking this, but:

If color is pigment, and blue is associated with males, then...what is the blue?

The real reason is that historically blue was a sign of royalty. (and we all know what women can't be royalty)

dixicritter
10-12-2006, 22:24
The "hiker community" which I'm not part of, is naive. Straight men lust after a women's pinkness. Pretty ***n simple. Get over it and shut this rediculous thread down.
Yours in pink,
Wolf:rolleyes:

This is a first for me, never seen you ask for a thread to be shut down. You've got it.