PDA

View Full Version : Turner's Corner- Blairsville GA

Mrs Baggins
03-12-2008, 15:36
Anyone know any details on the old Turner's Corner restaurant that's for sale? It's got quite a history if you've read Model T's new book "Walkin' With The Ghost Whisperers." Can't find any internet listing for it and we might be interested -- seeing as our last name is Turner and we LOVE that part of Georgia!

Phreak
03-12-2008, 15:57
I'll drive by one weekend and it's For Sale, and the next weekend the sign is down, and it seems to repeat every few weeks. Dunno what the deal is tho.

sonic
03-12-2008, 16:07
The only things I could find were general listings that it is there. Been there since 1928 according to igougo.com/dining. One posting on flikr said there is a sign saying it's for sale. A search didn't show any real estate listing either.:-? Good luck.

Survivor Dave
03-12-2008, 16:20
This is the scoop on Turners Corner. The previous owners had it up for sale at a price of $485,000.00. That included the 3 cabins behind it.

The last owner(present) has only had it for one season. I am not sure what the asking price is now.

I would suggest if you are interested, you have an enourmously strong food service background with a very thick skin. The Pecan Trout is a staple there and would be culinary suicide to remove it off the menu.

I am not sure of the alcohol licenses there either.

Other than that, it's in a great location with great SEASONAL clientele.

I was interested at one time, and have a strong food service background, but decided against it. It would take forever to break even.

SD

Hammock Hanger
03-12-2008, 16:54
I remember eating there numerous times in the 80's. They had a big black bear that had been hit by a truck. It cost you to take pic of it. They had super great trout.

Boudin
03-12-2008, 18:55
Its listed with Prudential.

Almost There
03-12-2008, 19:05
I think the last time it was listed at about $385K. The current owners tried some new things on the menu and increased prices....So-So...new owners would be better off catering to who their clientele really is...bikers and tourists passing through...as for liquor license, if not grandfathered, then it's not worth buying as technically it is a dry county.

whitefoot_hp
03-12-2008, 19:52
no liquor but they did serve beer. i believe it is in lumpkin county which is by no means a dry county, beer in stores, liquor by the drink.

Almost There
03-12-2008, 19:53
no liquor but they did serve beer. i believe it is in lumpkin county which is by no means a dry county, beer in stores, liquor by the drink.

Is it still Lumpkin right there? Not sure, I thought it was a grandfathered liquor license.:-?

whitefoot_hp
03-12-2008, 19:56
im about 70% it is in lumpkin county.

bloodmountainman
03-12-2008, 20:12
I live in the area. Each and every time this business is sold the price goes up . If you have the means to do so PLEASE purchase!!!!! The locals here miss this cafe terribly!! If you have a few bucks left, there is a country store for sale also, that the locals desprately need!!! I will promise to be a customer!!!!:sun

bloodmountainman
03-12-2008, 20:13
im about 70% it is in lumpkin county.
It is in Lumpkin County.:D

Almost There
03-12-2008, 20:19
I live in the area. Each and every time this business is sold the price goes up . If you have the means to do so PLEASE purchase!!!!! The locals here miss this cafe terribly!! If you have a few bucks left, there is a country store for sale also, that the locals desprately need!!! I will promise to be a customer!!!!:sun

It could work, if the price wasn't so friggin' high! I agree cater to locals, the last owners had all this fru fru food, and none of it was that special, it was better a few years back.

bloodmountainman
03-12-2008, 20:27
It could work, if the price wasn't so friggin' high! I agree cater to locals, the last owners had all this fru fru food, and none of it was that special, it was better a few years back.
I personaly knew the old owners and chef. They knew the locals and the menu everyone liked. These last folks got a little fancy with things. Thirty dollar lunch for two doesn't cut it up here!!!:cool:

FatMan
03-12-2008, 20:29
It is in Lumpkin County.:DI concur. And as of yesterday the For Sale sign was out front again.

Almost There
03-12-2008, 20:36
I personaly knew the old owners and chef. They knew the locals and the menu everyone liked. These last folks got a little fancy with things. Thirty dollar lunch for two doesn't cut it up here!!!:cool:

$30 dollars for lunch doesn't cut it for most in Atlanta!;)