WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

skylar24

1. Crowds and people

I am hiking from Harpers ferry to GA starting the first week of August. Does anyone know what the population of Thru hikers will be around the time on the trail? Part of the fun for me is meeting new people so I am hoping that i won't be alone most of the time.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Long trail question

Does anyone know the direction that most people start? and also what time of year is the busiest?
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Thinking ahead and wondering if anyone is interested?

So a couple years a go I began a SOBO hike and I only made it to the North Adams, MA area. I went up and over Mt. Greylock and then kind of fizzled out...To be honest leaving the trail was something I regret more then anything. I think about it all the time I prepared and all the excitement before I left. I tell myself that I will get back out there and complete it someday. I got off the trail for a few reason's, but not because of my physically ability or because I wasn't having fun but mostly ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Any words of wisdom?

I'm leaving in 2 days to embark on my SOBO adventure. I'm really excited and overwhelmed. What is the best advice or tips that people have? This could be concerning anything. just looking for some last minute words of wisdom. Thanks everyone!
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. question on shelters

What's worked best for most thru hikers?
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast