WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

Pioneer Spirit

1. Buckeye trail 4/09

Saturday: Walked 12.8 miles from Lake Logan to above Logan on route 93 at Coakley road next to Webb Summit.

Trupeter swan nesting at Lake logan a few feet from trail. Majority roadwalking, lots of loose barking dogs. Met a former trail supervisor as I passed his house. His section was very well maintained. Ended early because my mother arrived too early and picked me up a few miles from where I intended to stop.

I cancelled my trip to Gatlinburg because all of the folks ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Buckeye trail 11/16/2010

Our group met at a cemetery just about a mile north of the small village of Wamsley on route 781 near the junction of 348. This is point 8 on the Shawnee map about 11.5 miles into this section. Along for this hike was BTA board member Chris McIntyre of Cincinnati, two-time AT through hiker Bob Leon of Cleveland and hike leader Bruce Purdy of Grove City.
    We shuttled a car to the anticipated end of the hike at Ben’s campground and horse ranch. The highlight of the trail was counting 63+ barking ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Buckeye trail.

Did a 6 mile hike through Hocking hills with a group from Columbus Outdoor Pursuits Saturday. I'm getting cabin fever for sure.
    The BT folks have a campout this Saturday. November was the latest I've camped out and that was last year. Luckily it will be in a spot where we can car transport our stuff.

I'll repeat the six miles again on the 15th with the exception that there will be about 5000 other hikers along for the trip.

It's the annual Hocking Hills Winter ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2