WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. With My Arms Wide Open.......

Spending my winter writing my story of hiking the Appalachian Trail
    has taken much of my time as I relive it in my mind, expelling so much emotion
    to word is exhausting to me. My sensitivities are off the charts sometimes
    and it vexes me to be so emotional for so long.

My past has left me quite damaged and through the decades, I have learnt to take a negative and turn it to a positive by looking at the good in all things represented in my life. For the last two ...

Updated 02-13-2012 at 17:47 by Puma Ghostwalker

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. The Great Smokey Mountains… From Fontana Dam To Gatlinburg Tennessee….part 1

Fortunately the Hike Inn had power after the tornados hit, Nancy Hoch said, if she didn’t have power she wouldn’t have been able to accommodate me there.
    Her husband Jeff was out of town. Sadly, I would have loved to talk with him about his extraordinary first people collection of arrowheads and spear tip points and other Native artifacts. They had no internet there and all I could do was upload my photos and videos to my laptop from my camera. The processing of a video to my laptop takes ...

Updated 02-02-2012 at 19:44 by Puma Ghostwalker

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. The Great Smokey Mountains… From Fontana Dam To Gatlinburg Tennessee….part 2

Up the trail just before Mollies Ridge Shelter I ran into some guys that said Mollies Ridge was dry, and I should take water down a side trail, that was poorly marked and I did just that. Coming up on Mollies Ridge Shelter it started to get real dark again, I could hear the thunder for the last two hours and although it was early for a lunch I thought, I would eat and wait the incoming storm that will be here at any moment. I went around to the front of the shelter to see someone’s gear, an old ...

Updated 02-05-2012 at 19:21 by Puma Ghostwalker

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. The Great Smokey Mountains… From Fontana Dam To Gatlinburg Tennessee….part 3

The next day I was up and out early, said my goodbyes to my new friends, who were going down to their car and back home. They gave me some of their extra food, some fancy backpacking meals. I hiked to Derrick Knob Shelter, where a group of volunteers were camped, doing trail maintenance.
    I tell you, if they didn’t maintain the trail like they do, nature would claim it back in a year or two, that’s it….

It was fun sitting with all the young people, talking about Religion and Politics, ...

Updated 02-02-2012 at 16:18 by Puma Ghostwalker

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. The Great Smokey Mountains… From Fontana Dam To Gatlinburg Tennessee…. part 4

As I got close to the highest peak on the Appalachian Trail Clingmans Dome, I got lost again. The trail got tight along a ridge, then widened but started to go down, it didn’t feel right but I followed for a little bit then turned around. I went back to where a sign was and saw a white blaze up on a rock cliff, it was a bit of a scramble then the trail leveled out on a beautiful ridge. I loved to hike the ridges, you could see very well where you were going… you could see for miles and miles, it ...

Updated 02-02-2012 at 16:19 by Puma Ghostwalker

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast