WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

Pendragon

1. Made it to The NOC!

Every hill seems steeper and higher than the last and my body is asking me "what have I done to deserve this?"
    The descent into NOC was hard on the knees but fast. Gonna hole up in the hostel tonight and rest for the biggest climb yet, out of the NOC and into Fontana. I SHOULD have had my Fontana mail drop sent here because the resupply is bad and getting into Brison City is dicey.
    I keep hearing horror stories of a virus running amoke up the trail. Can only hope I can avoid ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. saved by trail angel

Lady Jane rescued me from freezing rain at Woody Gap and drove me to Neels Gap, where I bunked the night in the Hostel. Trouble is , she left with my trekking poles! Will resume no later than 3 today, what a painful, exiliarating adventure
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. T minus one day......

Well, this is it, the adventure I have been planning for over a year now. I am "only" section hiking from Springer to Damascus, but that's as far as my vacation will allow me, unless I were to go without any time off for another four or five years. Nope, this is it, I'm fifty seven, with nothing I can think of to look forward to except this hike, so I hope to make the best of it. I am not in the best shape I'd like to be for this hike but I'm going to ease into it as best I can with ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized