WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

Rains2girl

1. Cook Stoves

After much research, debate and deliberation, we decided to go with the Jetboil Zip for heating water and cooking some meals. Being our first trip, we don't want to complicate things by having to cook elaborate meals on the trail so we're going for the pre-packaged, dehydrated stuff...

A few months ago, F4ever told our oldest son Aaron, that he wanted this stove for his birthday. We never heard anything and no stove was forthcoming, so we just figured he forgot. Last week we made ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Packs

A little story about our backpacks:

First let me start by saying this will be our first long distance hike so we need to be completely outfitted. That means I will have alot of entries about accumulating our gear. This is just as much for my memoirs as for the reading pleasure of others

F4ever ordered his REI Flash62 and when it came we both tried it and was a good fit for both of us. Very comfortable fit and very adjustable, we really like it! However, when I went ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. We've got our shuttle!

We've made arrangements for our shuttle to ASP from Unicoi Gap. I found a list of folks who will give a ride or shuttle longer distances on the Appalachian Trail Conservancy website http://www.appalachiantrail.org/docs...sm-7-17-12.pdf

I went down the list a little, thinking the first people on the list may be getting more calls than the ones farther down, and landed on Richard Anderson. Zipped him an email and heard back within 24 ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. We're finally going!

I've finally convinced my husband, 4Fevertryin, that we've got to hike the AT. I found an information packet from the ATC dated Nov, 2007 so it's only taken about 5 years to convince him! He became convinced after going geocaching with me and realizing how nice (and quiet) it is to be out in the woods!

Our first adventure will be in April of 2013, to hike from Amicalola Falls SP on the AT approach trail to Unicoi Gap. That's 8.8 miles plus 52.9 so about 60 miles in 8 days. We just ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2