WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

hadsdad

1. hey uturn

Uturn if u find this message give me a call. I lost your contact info and all my AT contacts when I got my new phone. Hope all is well. Peace.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Where do I go from here?

Apparently a journal post I wrote back in Erwin never got uploaded. I'm not so sure I can recap all this journey has been since then and I'm equally sure I am understating that it has been nothing short of spectacular. There have been reunions with people I started with back in Georgia that I never thought I would see again. Good to see you again Will, now known as Jungle Jim. There have been growing friendships with others like Hagred, Chuckles and Spoon that I tend to leap frog with from time ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. The Smoky Mountains.

Despite another wet forecast for tomorrow I will be heading back out of Gatlinburg to Newfound Gap at 9:00. The zero was nice but I really want to get back on trail. I was blessed on the first few days of the Smoky Mts.with great weather and amazing views. So wonderful. Spring is really starting to come out in parts of this area and you can actually see the different elevations at various stages of the season. My senses are becoming more aware as I notice the different sounds of the song birds here, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. At Fontana Dam.

Just a quick update as I sit outside the general store doing a mini resupply. The journey is amazing. I have been increasing the mileage and doing regular 15+. Glad to be back on 100%. Walked 11 in the rain back last Friday and found rain gear to be really good. All stayed dry with minimal dampness to a part of bag. N.C. has been some challenging ups, they seem to be steeper at times and longer. (Jacob's Ladder). Spring is almost coming to life as I walk along, really noticed the green hiking down ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. A night in Franklin

Feeling 100% recovered from whatever hit me last week. It was good to get back on the trail and just started with a couple short 6-7 mile hikes to test the body. Since then it's been back to steady 12+ miles and not feeling bad at all. A few milestones along the way since last post. Of course I have finally crossed the N.C. border. Hit the 100 mile mark at the fire tower on Albert Mountain. That was definitly a different climb, very steep and at times more like rock climbing. It wasn't too long ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast