WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. April 22...Waynesboro going SOBO

Excited to be on the trail again! Started in Waynesboro and heading south to make up the miles I skipped. I have 613 miles to do south bound. The first day hiked up Humpback Mtn and stayed at the campsite on the ridge, which was an excellent view. The next day hiked to Harpers Creek Shelter. What a beautiful day going through Three Ridges. On Wednesday we did the Priest and ended up staying at that shelter for the night. Right now we have seen about 30 NOBOs who started in February. All of their ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. March 27th thru March 31st...

March 27, 2013 - March 28, 2013 Hot Springs, NC (Pisgah National Forest)
    There were still hikers that wanted to wait out the weather and stay in Gatlinburg until the Smokies reopened. This included the 5 original guys I had met the second day on the trail. I did not want to hike in 2 to 4 feet of snow so Wet Dog and I agreed that we would skip the 35 miles and move to Hot Springs. The plan was to come back after we got up to Main and get back down to Gatlinburg to make up the miles. He was ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. March 22 thru March 25...

March 22, 2013 Mollies Ridge Shelter
    Day one into the Smokies was an 11 mile hike up to Mollies Shelter and got me to the ridge line of the Smokies. Overcast and cold. I had watched the weather but there was only rain in the forecast. I had forgotten though as you get up in elevation things can quickly change and get very bad. That night it rained and then woke up with the plan to hike to Derrek Shelter. Hiked in the mist and some rain. Got up on the next day to rain and could not decide ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. March 17th thru March 21...

March 17, 2013 NOC NC
    I got up the next morning quickly got packed up and hiked a mile into NOC where I would pick up my computer, check into the hostel and then setup to do work. It was around 11am when I finally had eaten and taken a shower and I decided to set up in the camp kitchen where there were tables for me to sprawl out all my work and get busy to getting the job done so I could get on the trail again the next day. This day I would meet Wet Dog. Wet Dog was from New Jersey. I came ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. March 13th thru March 16th...

>
    > March 13, 2014...Rock Gap Shelter
    >
    > We got up again to freezing temps and quickly set out from the
    > shelter. Because of the cold weather you either had to hike or when
    > you got to camp you quickly found yourself eating very fast and then
    > getting into your sleeping bag very quickly. So far out on the trail
    > I was going to bed almost every night by 6pm or 7pm. That morning at
    > the shelter I asked Blue Moon ...