WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. Back...And WET

Been a great couple days from I220 interchange up to Bobblets gap shelter. My first 10+ day yesterday, hiked from fullhardt knob to Bobletts for 12+ and the knee is KILLING ME. BUT... I am not getting off this time, except for my current stop to dry out my gear in Buchanan. I was not planning on stopping here, but glad I did. It is a monsoon out there and I have a leaking hammock that just won't quit. Warbonnet will be hearing from me soon. I even tried treating this stupid tarp, and still I get ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. The second sun...

I am prepping for round 2. I plan 429 miles from Roanoke, VA to Harrisburg, PA. According to my physical therapist, no more worries! Wish I had time this summer to through hike, but I will be happy just to make it back this summer. 400+ miles isn't bad I guess. I am looking forward to meeting more hikers, getting MUCH better photos and video this time, and I have already learned from past mistakes. Lightened the load by about 2/3 lbs, and DEFINITELY am bringing a silk liner to add +15 to ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Back Home

Well, the trip didn't go as planned and I am back on a temporary stay to hit the doc about the left knee I am hoping is just a twist that a week of PT and a knee brace can help. My hats off to all the people I met on the trail, the guys who got me going, the ones who FROZE with me out there! I hope you are all still going strong, it is brutal out there this year, and the weather is taking no prisoners. Charles and Brian, if you happen to catch this, I hope you managed to press on! Patches, Survivorman ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. The begining is near.

I am less than 3 weeks away from the start of my journey. Millions of questions, conditioning, and preparing mixed in amongst the looming end of the final semester interfering with my ability to head to the southern terminus. I graduate on May 3rd, leave for the trail head on May 4th. I will celebrate my 31st birthday on the AT on May 17th.

SOLcreature, Sol-Latin meaning the sun. Because I am a creature of the sun. I've chased it 1200 miles south to florida, and now this creature's ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized