WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

Recent Journals Posts

1. Weight is 289lb today down from 305lb

Oct 29, 2012

Weighed in at 289lb today down from 305lb a couple weeks ago, all this walking a cutting back on calories is helping. Reached my goal this morning of seven miles; today my legs felt a lot less heavy than last week. Got a blister on my toe (the big toe rubbed against the other toe) that never happened before. Need to put tape on my list of first aid items to bring.
  2. Give it a go at making a can stove

OCT 27, 2012

Was unable to sleep so I thought I give it a go at making a can stove. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SANY3366.jpg 
Views:	424 
Size:	654.0 KB 
ID:	17893 Didn’t turn out to bad for the first time, but does it work? Good question, we have no denatured alcohol to give it a try yet. However, getting to why I wrote this journal, I walked a few miles today and staying with my 1800 kal diet seems to be working out good. Come March 15th I am confident if I stay on course my goal of 250lb will be meet and hiking the AT will be pleasurable ...
  3. Excuses, excuses everyone has excuses

Oct 26, 2012

For the last two days it has been difficult to get my walks in with VA appointments and other obligations. Excuses, excuses everyone has excuses. However, I was able to get a little less than five miles in yesterday and almost three today in the rain. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SANY3365.jpg 
Views:	380 
Size:	643.7 KB 
ID:	17885Next week I will put my goal at seven miles a day for the week, hopefully no excuses.
  4. Food planning for my hike

This is for everyone that dosent seem to understand how the AT can be done on a small amount of money.

Breakfast

Pop Tarts
    Oatmeal
    Rice
    Hard Boiled Eggs
    Precooked Bacon

Lunch
    Tuna and Crackers
    Potted Meat and Crackers
    Ham Spread and Crackers

Supper
    Can Spam- makes 3 to 4 meals
    Pk of Bologna- makes 3 to 4 meals
    Pk of Ham- Makes 3 to 4 meals
    Fresh Meat from store day of resupply
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Easier sometimes to do what is needed more than what is wanted

Oct 24, 2012

Find my self day dreaming a lot on this little trail, been up and down it so many times the beautiful scenery escapes me. Believe it is time to find a new place to walk for a while. You would think becoming fit should be easy enough just get up and get out. But not only do you have to physically be able your mind (which I suppose may be the biggest challenge) has to be positioned on the right dial. I read so often on here about how it is as much a mental challenges as ...
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast