WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

Recent Journals Posts

1. The Count Down Begins...

I am sure all that are planning on doing the AT in 2013 are pinching themselves... are we crazy and am I really going to do this. Yes, the gear has been bought, after trying some and seeing new hiking gear I now have enough for two people! The pack with 4 days of food is around 30lbs. Did some winter camping and hiking to make sure I had enough warm stuff to start with - getting a pair of Canadian wool socks for at night, especially going through the Smokies in March. Counting down 30 days till ...
    Tags: sherri Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Done with gear.

All gear has arrived. Pack with 4 days of food and two liters of water is 37 pounds. I do not know how people go lighter, I have been over and over what is packed, except for food and water, I do not know where I can cut any weight.
    This is the pack I will start the trail with and see if anyone has tips on how to go lighter.
    Just under 2 months left before we head for Georgia, I have excited days, and scared days, and days when I don't believe I am going to do this.
    I wish ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. AT-37 Days

The high today was 18. I went ice-boating on the lake for a short run but the snowdrifts were too solid and the ride rough. So I came back inside and once more unpacked and repacked my AT pack. Anyone else done that yet? 100 times? I rechecked my daughter's pack, still 16 lbs. She carries the tent but no food. Checked my pack, still 16 lbs without food. I carry the cooking gear and the food for the 3 of us so on mail drop days my pack might weigh as much as 28lbs but it gets lighter every ...
  4. Ahhhh!!!

Alright, so this happens every year, well for the past two years and this year is even worse. I am hitting the trail in 2015 but every year I start looking at trailjournal.com around this time. Since I set my start date last fall I have been aquiring things and thinking about the A.T. even more. But holy crap!!! I have never been this impatient. I feel like I am going to explode every time I read a new journal entry. I want to go this year soooo so very badly. I can't because I don't have ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Male outsourced his own career to China to surf web

Some things are so ridiculous, they can only have occurred in real life. A software creator has been caught, having outsourced his own career to China, paying a small portion of his salary for others to do his work while he looked at Reddit and watched cat video clips.

Take a short look at https://personalmoneynetwork.com/short-term-loans/

Not a prank

When a business outsources labor, it generally means they are firing a variety of workers ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast