WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

All Journal Entries

1. Gregory Shasta pack

A little outdated but in excellent condition. Only asking 70 bucks. It's a 5000 cu in large, green in color. Pictures upon request. Reason for selling is because I need a medium.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Follow Along!

Please check out my Hiking Blog at http://www.blissfulhiking.com

I cover a wide variety of topics and also journal on some of my shorter sections. Lots of tips that I have learned hiking the AT in both directions.

I also speak too and will be a featured speaker at some upcoming Appalachian Trail Conservancy events this year as well as a regular at the REI in Richmond, VA.

Here's to seeing your hiking dream fulfilled!
    Tags: hiking blog Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Not the best timing

2012 was going to be a year when I did more section hiking than in previous years. The simple fact is that I can not continue to hike a mere 100 miles or so on the AT each year -- which has been my average over the last five years or so -- and have any hope of completing all 2100 miles. At age 58, the math and physiology are pretty simple. Thus, Shuttle and I looked forward to a significant increase in both (1) backpacking treks in the manner of
    http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/entr...on-of-insanity ...
    Tags: injury, knee Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. diatribe

Hiked 8 miles and ended up at standing Indian shelter, we were going to press on but there was thunder in the distance and the sky was getting darker by the minute. So we decided to stay at standing Indian shelter for the night. It was pappa tatts, young blue eyes, Dave, Eddie a Danish chick and my self for the night. Later a dude (whose name I forget) showed up and ended up sleeping on the table under the awning of the shelter. I slept pretty well. Woke up the next day and it was pouring rain. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. t-storms and a short day

Woke up at the muskrat creek shelter and started to get ready to go. Hung around late though so I could set off with papa tatts and young blue eyes, both real characters from New Hampshire. Young blue eyes leads a good pace and papa tatts hikes a similar speed to me. They believe in taking good breaks along the way and both of them have a great sense of humor. We were planning on doing 12 miles but thunderstorms rolled in so we did 5 instead. I'm on half rations now, I have 1 1/2 days of food and ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast