WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

Recent Journals Posts

1. my hobo stove i made

2. Section Hiking the AT from NY-Baxter....

Hello, my name is Brandon. I am a typical mid-20s rhode island kid who is going to attempt a hike from New York to Mt. Katahdin at the end of this month or within the first few days of May.... I was hoping that someone from this forum would join in on this expedition or at least meet up on the trail if our paths cross? Please feel free to contact me, email is [email protected]. Thanks...
    Post Script wish everyone on the trail the best of luck and keep on keeping
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. day 5

Day 5,
    Took a nero day, set out at noon and hiked 5 miles to a gap with a spring not far down a side trail. Two other hikers and a dog (Dan and stick walker and his weimeriener (sp?) Bill) joined me at the camp site. Planning to do 2 moderate mile days coming up and then a short 4 mile stretch into Hiawasse to stay at the blueberry patch hostel on thursday. This should only put me 1 day behind my itinerary, which is good considering I started 2 days late. Going to treat myself to a camp fire ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. day 4

Day 4,
    Fell asleep somewhere I thought was right before blood mountain, turns out I had farther to go. Woke up at 6 and made some coffee, ended up chilling until 10 to see if any of the crew was behind me staying at the lake. I continued on and it was mostly uphill all day. Although difficult I made it 8 miles to neels gap. I decided I needed a hot meal and a real bed so I looked up a hostel in the guide book and ended up calling Keith. Keith is a nice older gentleman who owns some cabins ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. day 3

Day 3, tried to wake up early ended up going back to sleep until 8. Closed camp and set off on the trail, water was at 1/2 liter and I had 2 big climbs plus 3 miles to next refill. Experienced first instance of trail magic when I found an unopened bottle of water left behind a tree in the first gap right before my first big climb. Didn't eat much due to heart burn so I was still bonking hard. Luckily after 2 big climbs it was a bunch of little puds for 2 miles till the creek. Never been happier ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized