WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

gimpat01

1. Gimp's 2001 Trail Journal; Part III

AND Part III

Hiking out of Vernon chewing grape bubble gum and later having Breeze tell me he could smell it all the way up the mountain. I was over a mile ahead of him.

Going over Bear Mt in NY and seeing a random ski slope alongside the trail.

Staying near Bear Mt. touring West Point Academy and going to an open air concert there. Watching the WP football practice.

The 501 Shelter in PA. w/pizza and pepsi. Where I first heard someone call ...
    Tags: 2001, gimp Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Gimp's 2001 Trail Journal; Part II

Part II

05/23/05 - Lynn Camp Creek (in tent) - ~16 mi
    Didn't write yesterday but it was pretty exciting. We did an easy 11.5 mi into Atkins by 2pm for a late lunch of double bacon cheeseburgers, onion rings, sweet tea and carrot cake. We'd been rained on about 10am and as we walked into town it started to rain AGAIN. By the time we got our food, you couldn't see across the street. We decided after having a 2hr lunch to ge ta rooma the motel and stay dry. On the local news it ...
    Tags: 2001, gimp Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Gimp's 2001 Trail Journal; Part I

This was written a long time ago and is a rough translation.

Appalachian Trail Journal of Gimp - abridged
    I'm only leaving the uber-personal stuff out.

03/24/01
    Well, I didn't get to write last night cause I was too damn tired. The Springer Mt. shelter was nice. The privy rocked. Awesome sunset and sunrise. The mice weren't too bad. Sean wrote the sweetest I Love You to me.
    Now we are at Hawk Mt. Shelter. We got here early and it was a pretty easy ...
    Tags: 2001, gimpat01 Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized