View RSS Feed

All Journal Entries

1. "Terri's reasoning for wanting to Thru-Hike the AT!"

(Blogpost from December 1st, 2012 tntonthetrail.blogpost.com)

(Repost from March)

Terri here-
    I knew at some point and time, I too, would have to put into words "WHY on earth would I want to hike this trail?" I've put some considerable thought into it and want to share those publicly... to 'seal' the deal, so to speak. If I put it out there...it becomes more real and thus I become more accountable.Not in any particular order..
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. "Tom's Answer to the Question, Why Thru-Hike the Appalachian Trail?"

(Blogpost from December 1st, 2012 tntonthetrail.blogspot.com)

(Repost from March)

Tom here...

Everyone asks the same question after you tell them what thru-hiking means. "Why would you want to do that?" Very few people say, "Wow! That sounds interesting. I would sure like to do that!"

So, why do I want to thru-hike the Appalachian Trail? (In no particular order. This list will evolve over time.)
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. A Day in the LIfe of an AT Thru-Hiker

(Blogpost from November 29th, 2012 tntonthetrail.blogspot.com)

Greetings,

There are literally hundreds of videos on YouTube about the Appalachian Trail. Most are very good, some are funny, others are serious, for the most part they are real, (shot with poor to average equipment and edited uniquely) but at times I find one here or there that really says it nicely. This is one of those...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4f8DVZnMFBk&sns=em

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Where dreams and realities meet...

(Blogpost from November 28th, 2012 tntonthetrail.blogspot.com)

Dreamer here-

As Terri & I approach the 90 day mark, the realities of a six month backpacking journey from Georgia to Maine are slowly coming into focus through the years of dreaming about this adventure. It seems as though, most every day now, the fine pricks of reality are becoming more and more apparent to me. Yesterday, we had to say goodbye to our close friends Mike & Lynn who will be leaving ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Finally, my 1st Clothing/Gear video is finished!

(Blogpost from November 26th, 2012 tntonthetrail.blogspot.com)

Dreamer here –

Yes!! I was finally able to upload the first of five videos on my clothing and gear I have produced. Can anyone relate to “Learning Curve” here? For an old guy with limited geek skills, the learning curve has been mighty steep. It simply seems like every small piece along the way has to be learned, tried and then retried. The old saying around our home is, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized