View RSS Feed

All Journal Entries

1. March School Calendar

Hi People, it's Snacktime (Eddie). Teacher (Grandma) and I made a calendar of our school activities for

March. There are going to be lots of hikes! March 1 begins our training for our AT hike in April. It's going to be a lot of hard work, but also a lot of fun.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	March Calendar002.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	177.8 KB 
ID:	20024
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Why the AT? Why now?

While listening to the radio, several months ago, a conversation about the AT was going on, I was only half way listening to. Then the promptings began. I could do that. I have the time, money and health to hike the AT. A year ago I was delivered form a depression when I started working with the homeless in Minneapolis. Is this prompting from you Lord? Do you want me to be able to better identify with the homeless, by being homeless while on the trail. I have a history of not finishing what I start. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. pre journey notice

Hi from Starchild

In a few more weeks, and only 2 more weekends left to try things out, I plan to be dropped off at the southern end of the Appalachian Trail (AT) in Georgia and start heading north towards Maine. That said I have never done anything like this before, though I know I am made to do this. It's quite a awesome thought when taken in it's entirety, and in many ways this is my first steps venturing out into the world as something I desire to do which I am implementing to ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Ultimate homemade trail bars. This simply cannot be beaten, and is super healthy!

Quote Originally Posted by d3v View Post
    This recipe is extremely flexible and anything can be added or even subtracted, just as long as the end consistency is a thick paste.

85% dark chocolate
    coconut oil, raw, extra virgin
    peanut butter
    cashew butter
    honey, raw
    blackstrap mollases, unsulphered
    almonds, ground
    coconut flakes, dried
    sesame seeds
    pumpkin seeds
    chia seeds

1. Gently melt the dark chocolate, coconut oil, honey , blackstrap mollases, peanut
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. First and Last entry

Although I enjoy this site and have used it's resources to plan my hike, for the ease of use for my friends and family I will be using trail journals for my blog. Thank You all for the advice and resources,
    Postman Dan
    www.trailjournals.com/PostmanDan
    Categories
    Uncategorized