View RSS Feed

All Journal Entries

1. Getting Ready for 2013 Thru-Hike!!

so ive been wanting to hike this trail since i was 17. i read that book "A walk in the woods" by Bill Bryson and i was hooked. ever since then ive just been researching,researching,lol more researching. im 27 now and i think im ready. im at a halt in my life right now and i cant find work,live at home,etc...just wasting away here so i made my final decision to hit the AT first of March.

got some equipment i still need to get. im pretty much in shape. my cardio is excellent ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Planning my 2013 Thru-Hike

Have already gotten the majority of the gear needed for our thru-hike 2013.
    Hoping to leave out either the the weekend of March 8th or the next weekend.
    But have pretty much decided to leave out in March.
    Already have the money set aside for getting there and back.

Going to try to hike the entire trail on $1000.00 or less.
    Most don't believe it can be done But I do.

Will post another Journal when we start out and let everyone know how ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. as much as i love the A.T.

im considering spending time on the ozark trail and havent found anything out about resupplying oppurtunities. anyone with info wil be appreciated
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. n00b

i am new to this website...so i am trying to navigate it the best way i can... my main purpose for registering is, my boyfriend & i are planning to hike the HMW in late august next year...we are taking plenty of time to plan and prepare because this will most likely be the ONLY time we will have the chance...we also intend to conquer mount katahdin at the end ... so ANY tips or advice is welcome!! from gear, to weather, food, to whatever... feel free to share the not so epic events as well,
    Tags: rcbear Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Videos of Loner and Wildcat posted

Yay! finally!! Loner must have stayed up all night to post a set of new videos. He's posted 9 more videos at his You tube Journal Loner2012 AT http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NShbD...hannel&list=UL of his trip through the rugged trails of Maine from Monson to Caratunk. This time we get to travel with his girlfriend.. Jeannine or Corajeanine or Jean she answer to all). Jeff has given her the name Wildcat. She came to out to hike with him for a week. Still more to come ...
    Categories
    AT thru- hiker