View RSS Feed

All Journal Entries

1. Baby Steps

So I woke up early this morning and looked outside, rained all night again but at least it let up for awhile. Had to get something from our storage place that super close to my house so i decided to walk. Threw on shorts and a hoodie and off i went. On my way back, i passed a little park that has a small walking trail loop. Decided to do a lap before i went home, then another and another. Realized i am sooo out of shape and really need to kick up my game in order to be ready for march. It ...
  2. Pa. section suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by OldFeet View Post
    From PenMar it's 100 miles to PA route 325, 91 miles to PA 225 and 83 miles to Duncannon so this would give you a lot of options in your mielage range. This keeps you south of the worst of the rocks. The section has pretty mellow hiking with a lot of ridge walking. Last year I did Caledonia SP to Swatara Gap the first week in June and was happy with all the shelters along the way. Quarry Gap shelter is probably the nicest shelter I've stayed at anywhere on the trail. There was ample water when
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Need alittle help

I have a hennessy hamock ultralite w/ snake skin cover w/ tree straps need $110 t0 120 or trade for ride to hot spring NC. or Eriwn TN. Im currently at the "Captains place" rt 635 Big Stoney Creek VA. I need to get home for Thanksgiving, I can get a ride to interstate 81 Radford, Puliski exit 91 route 100 to Pearisburg. Can anyone help out? thanks
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Looking for a trail

18 November 2012

Today I find myself in Wisconsin looking for a trail close by to hike, March is just not coming fast enough for me. The ideal of getting started hiking is making me more anxious each day that passes. My wife and I got some walking in yesterday at The House on the Rock here in Wisconsin, up and down stairs and walkways; it was like a short hike. But I was able to find a hard seven mile trail I hope to hike Tuesday in a place called Merrimak (the Ice age trail) if all ...
  5. Looking ahead to 2013

Well I figured I may as well start a journal about my prepping for my thru-hike in march 2013. Planning on hiking with my bestiest buddy. Decided to do this last year after watching a documentary about it. Turned out that 2013 was the best time frame to do it since we both were going to be in a transition phase. Right now im doing alot of reading and research and once Santa starts being nice to me, Im gonna start small hiking trips so by the time we are ready to go, everything gear and weight ...