View RSS Feed

All Journal Entries

1. MYOG pot stand and priming pan

Quote Originally Posted by Harald Hope View Post
    Just on the chance that someone might find these things useful for your own alcohol stove setup, here's two articles I did on how to make a priming pan for your stove, and also a fairly simple pot stand.

This particular pot stand was made with titanium rod, to see how that works, but it's easy to use bike spokes, stainless steel too, and they are cheap and easy to find, either free off a trashed bike wheel, or very low price from a bike shop that sells them individually. Bike spokes
    Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dscn3530.jpg 
Views:	267 
Size:	60.7 KB 
ID:	16375   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dscn3560.jpg 
Views:	256 
Size:	62.2 KB 
ID:	16376  
  2. Ticks

3. A question about Trail magic. I'd like to give back before ever getting

Quote Originally Posted by moldy View Post
    Deep Gap North Carolina. You drive up a dirt road about 6 miles. It's just South of Standing Indian Shelter. One way to draw a better crowd is to walk up to the shelter in the evening(.9) and invite any hikers either to breakfast or dinner. The other thing to do is to go into Franklin and talk to the folks at Budget Inn and hang a note about your feed. Also the outfitter might be a good spot too. Another good place for a note is Rock Gap shelter which is near the road at Standing Indian Campground.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. A question about Trail magic. I'd like to give back before ever getting

Quote Originally Posted by rockdancer View Post
    September is a tough month since the NoBo hikers are done with NH and are in Maine racing to the finish. If you can help up there the hikers would love it since they are sincerely in need of it. They are achy, tired, worried about finishing and there will be a lot of people to help. I like to base myself in Stratton to do the most good.

Southbound the hikers won't be accumulating much until the weather is getting cold. Try Bob Peoples at Kincora in Hampton, TN around November. The hikers
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Nort Country Trail

Vacation time for me. My son and I are heading out to the NCT for six nights on the PA section. Wondering if anyone ever been? Seems like a really nce part of the trail. May have to bucket list section hiking the whole thing.
    Categories
    Uncategorized