View RSS Feed

All Journal Entries

1. Torture Is...

an itch right in the middle of your back, about five minutes after you've got your pack perfectly adjusted and when you're just hitting your stride.

-- Hat, 2012 NOBO AT

Updated 02-08-2012 at 22:49 by bgood360

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. North Face Cats Meow vs the Osprey Exos 46, Part 3 (Finale)

I've been meaning to write this awhile, seeing as how I've resolved the sleeping bag vs. backpack issue.

As I mentioned earlier, I ended up buying a MontBell U.L. Super Spiral Down Hugger #5. The sleeping bag comes in at 16 ounces and compresses down to the size of a Nerf football. I know it was a rash decision, but I said "I'll take it!" as soon as I saw it stuffed into a small stuff sack and cinched down. But, even as I was making the purchase, I figured there was numerous ...

Updated 02-08-2012 at 22:49 by bgood360

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Parking at Amirola falls state park

is there long term parking at or around the park, by long term I,m talking 7 to 10 days.
    Planning on hiking for a week or so then get ride back to where I park.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. The Great Smokey Mountains… From Fontana Dam To Gatlinburg Tennessee….part 1

Fortunately the Hike Inn had power after the tornados hit, Nancy Hoch said, if she didn’t have power she wouldn’t have been able to accommodate me there.
    Her husband Jeff was out of town. Sadly, I would have loved to talk with him about his extraordinary first people collection of arrowheads and spear tip points and other Native artifacts. They had no internet there and all I could do was upload my photos and videos to my laptop from my camera. The processing of a video to my laptop takes ...

Updated 02-02-2012 at 19:44 by Puma Ghostwalker

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. The Great Smokey Mountains… From Fontana Dam To Gatlinburg Tennessee….part 2

Up the trail just before Mollies Ridge Shelter I ran into some guys that said Mollies Ridge was dry, and I should take water down a side trail, that was poorly marked and I did just that. Coming up on Mollies Ridge Shelter it started to get real dark again, I could hear the thunder for the last two hours and although it was early for a lunch I thought, I would eat and wait the incoming storm that will be here at any moment. I went around to the front of the shelter to see someone’s gear, an old ...

Updated 02-05-2012 at 19:21 by Puma Ghostwalker

Categories
    Uncategorized