View RSS Feed

All Journal Entries

1. Appalachian Trail Journal Entry #4 – Sex/Relationships on the Trail

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	532192_130508097100449_186726885_n.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	14.0 KB 
ID:	19752
    Today was a sh**ty day in terms of preparation for the trail. I have been doing some serious research of course in terms of my preparation. A lot of my research is coming from watching You Tube videos of other people's entire journey and advice. Well, today we were watching a set of the videos and then one guy (entitypub/August) began talking about “Trail Relationships”. Damnit, did this start an issue in my household. The guy that I was watching began talking ...
  2. AMC Hike at Monastery in Cumberland, RI

"We're knee-deep in it now!"

At least, that's what I was thinking yesterday, when we completed our first-ever hike in the snow. I can't say I'm a fan, but the location was beautiful and the company was great. We went out with members of our local AMC on a leisurely 2.5 miles. The snow had been tamped down by the leader and her husband the day before with snowshoes, but more than half of the hike was in 6-8" of unpacked heavy stuff. It was more strenuous than I had been ...

Updated 02-19-2013 at 12:15 by Teacher & Snacktime

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Anyone starting 2016?

I am interested in hearing from anyone that is just beginning to prepare now for 2016. Especially older women who are retired or have successfully launched their kids. I am not free yet but 2016 could be my big year.

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. 2016?

Seems too far off. I'd rather just go now. I'll definitely be over planning the entire trip.

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. A step toward my journey

I'm on my way home from celebrating my sister's birthday--a big ahem@&$((! It was the 30th anniversary of one of her other birthdays. Anyway, it was a big one, and I wanted it to be special and memorable for her I think we succeeded.
    I have just about completed the 30 page document for Blue Ribbon school (with the help of my colleagues) and so now all I have to do is focus on my final six weeks as a school administrator and prepare for my thru hike. Today marks another step closer to the ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized