View RSS Feed

All Journal Entries

1. Shaw's Lodging (Pat Shaw)

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy53 View Post
    Hi, My name is Cathy and I am Pat Shaw's daughter-in-law. Pat lives with my husband, Paul and I. She is struggling with lung cancer. We don't know how much time she has. We take it one day at a time. She is in hospice care. I was hoping to get the word out to some of the hikers who stayed at Shaw's when she and Keith still owned it. It was the best part of her life and I know it was hard for her to let go of the place. It would thrill her to no end to hear from any hikers who stayed there.
  2. 1/14/13. Done with gear?

Every time I think I'm done buying gear something else comes up. 8 different pieces of gear on way to the house from all over the country yay! Looks like I'll meet my 35lb pack goal!

Gotta buy AWOLs guide today. And Big Agnes air mattres pump.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. MSR Mini Works - Is there a substitute for the Nalgene bottle

Does anyone know of a way to use the MSR Mine Works water filter to pump into a gatorade bottle? I do not want the extra weight of a nalgene, but I really like my Mini Works.

Thansk
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Jazzing up a staple... Ramen redone!!

Jazzing up a staple.... Ramen redone!

Terri here,

In an effort to prepare meals that are: lite, good tasting, filling and easy, I have taken a backpacking staple and jazzed it up a bit! Most everyone on the trail has eaten Ramen Noodles at one time or another. Some hikers eat it almost every day, while others can only stomach it when it is the last option in the food bag. Dreamer and I enjoy Ramen occasionally right out of the bag; however, I think you will find that ...
  5. Blockbuster hit finally released!!!

BLOCKBUSTER HIT FINALLY RELEASED!

Dreamer here,

The long awaited, greatly anticipated, highly acclaimed nominee for this years best all around movie review has been released!! Dreamer and Terri have spent hundreds of hours and months in the making of this video. For a short period of time, (very short) we are offering FREE screenings of this mega-hit!

Watch it now, because you donít want to be the last one on your block to say you have seen this. ...