WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

All Journal Entries

1. Ash grove duetsong

Quote Originally Posted by Another Kevin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tipi Walter View Post
    The biggest thing I miss on my backpacking trips are my old backpacking buddies from the 1980's. I often sit by my tent at the end of a day and pretend I see my old friends coming up the trail to talk and reminisce.
    A sentiment that is no doubt shared by all of us with too many miles under our boots. Let's offer a wistful toast to all our companions who now hike under the trees that bear the golden apples of the Hesperides:
    "In groves we live, and lie on mossy beds, By crystal streams, that
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. SOBO's, don't underestimate Katahdin

Quote Originally Posted by oldbear View Post
    andrewsobo
    If you want to climb Katahdin from it's east side w/ a full pack and then go down the AT/Hunt Trail you may want to consider using the Hamlin Ridge Trail
    Ideallly you should spend the night at Chimney Pond CG But if you get a crack- of- dawn- start ,you can do it from the Roaring Brook CG
    http://baxterstateparkauthority.com/...aringBrook.pdf
    Tags: baxter Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Best/Most Useful/Coolest Backping Tips That You Learned??

Quote Originally Posted by Transient Being View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Call View Post
    I thought everyone used a designated "p" bottle for tenting.....I wouldn't trust an empty Mountain House bag....
    Im with ya on that. I carry a peanut butter jar with me just for that. It sux getting up sometimes twice in the middle of the night just to take a leak after hiking 20 miles. Or laying there thinking, " I have to pee, but don't want to get out of my warm bag." Problem solved. That's my second biggest tip after cutting off toothbrush.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. NOAA high elevation forecasts

Quote Originally Posted by Another Kevin View Post
    In the Northeast, the NOAA "higher summits" forecasts are invaluable, because they tell you what to expect in the mountains, rather than in the towns. Ones pertinent to the A-T include:

Caribou, ME http://www.nws.noaa.gov/view/validPr...=REC&node=KCAR Katahdin, Cadillac, Moosehead Lake

Updated 04-03-2016 at 09:45 by Another Kevin (Update obsolete links)

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. ATC Map List

Quote Originally Posted by gmatthews View Post
    There are 37 official ATC map sheets. The article lists the map titles and latest revision dates.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Files