WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

2015 Lady Thru-Hiker

1. AT Thru-Hike Update

Made it to Unionville NY NOBO where I had to come off trail due to stress fracture of foot. Headed north while resting it to climb K and head south to see how far I can get before foot gives out if it's gonna. Tried K once and couldn't quite make it. Resting another week and trying again. Fingers crossed.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	437 
Size:	630.6 KB 
ID:	31751  
  2. Lessons Learned from Shake Down

Lessons learned: <br>Sock liners help avoid hot spots. Who ever I stole the idea from to use dress nylon socks as sock liners – THANK YOU!!<br>Overall the La Sportiva’s are working but need different insoles. <br>I need to give up my familiar, comfy cotton-blend pullovers for something with more ventilation and that will at least dry some overnight.<br>I need to stop wearing my jacket tied around my waist. It was too damp to make it usable it the evening when it got chilly.<br>Carry ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Despite Initial Misstep 3 Night Solo Shake-Down Success

My original plan was to hike from my condo and access the current AT via the Old Appalachian Trail that runs through Wintergreen. I should have picked up the AT at Dripping Rock after about 3 miles then 7 miles to Maupin Fields shelter. Of course I had my AWOL and the local section map but no map of the trail here on Wintergreen. Of course they did not change the color of the blaze to indicate the access trail for the switch over to the current AT and I totally missed it and ended up hiking the ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized