WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

All Journal Entries

1. White house Landing Maine

I read all the bad reviews on White house landing, but decided to give the guy a chance. I can say the guy running the place is not happy. He had an attitude that makes everyone uncomfortable.

There is a $7.50 fee to use a credit card. When he started processing a credit card payment and told the customer about the fee the customer decided to pay cash. A good business owner would have said no problem, but he said "what a cluster**** and didn't you read the sign". I did ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Silada 2

I think thats a kelty, I have a Grand Mesa 2 which my only complaint is that it gets too hot on the summer if you have the fly on. all in all it seems rugged and I think mines 4lb 10oz so fairly lightweight

CO
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Salida 2

First post hope Im doing this correctly. Wondering if anyone has used the Salida 2 tent on long distance hike? Thinking of using one for thru-hike next year any comments would be helpful.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Anybody know how to change a log in name

Well, I managed to get registered but also managed to spell Charlie wrong and for the life of me, I can't figure out how to correct it. Not necessarily happy with being known as "Charlis". Juuust a bit tooo girlie.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. 2012 Thru-Hike Registry

Quote Originally Posted by sweet & sour View Post
    Trail Name: Sweet & Sour
    Direction: NOBO

Estimated Start Date: May 1st

I see a lot of people are leaving in Feb and March. I hope to see some people leaving in May!
    Life is sweet & sour and my personalitly is sweet & sour... It's all about balance
    I'm starting to think I might leave mid april or may 1st
    Categories
    Uncategorized