WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

All Journal Entries

1. 09 July 2010

Not sure if this date is actually right. I need to research.

09 July 2010, Waynesboro

On the drive back to Harpers Ferry we stopped in Daleville to see the foot doctor I saw when passing though there. I got another cortisone shot. The shot did not seem to help this time. I am going to have to just walk it off it looks like.

Today was a driving day we drove from Louisville, KY to Harpers Ferry to and then to Waynesboro so that I could make up one ...
    Categories
    2010 thru hike
  2. 05 July 2010

05 July – 09 July 2010, Louisville KY
    While in Louisville, I went to the VA Hospital and they told me that I could not get a cortisone shot.
    Categories
    2010 Pre Hike blogs
  3. Help or Advice on Surpising my boyfriend at AT Trainstation in NY

Hi there, has anyone taken the train from NYC to meet up with a loved on on the AT? Rumour has it that the train from Grand Central that goes to the railroad crossing on the AT only runs weekends and holidays...Any info on this? I want to fly from Tampa to NYC and then find my way via taxi I assume to Grand Central station take the Harlem train to the AT...I am a small town girl and could use some advice...
    Thanks All!!
    Mary
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Looking for Hiker Bill

Looking for Hiker Bill not yet registered, a throughhiker headed Nobo. Met at Gapland State Park area in MD in June. Shared cheese sticks and granola bars. Has anyone met up with Bill?
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. 04 July 2010

04 July 2010, Lewis Mountain Campground
    Last night while I was laying down trying to sleep I could hear the fireworks going off from the towns down below us.

Today is the Fourth of July. I started at Powell Gap this morning around 7:30. As we were heading to my drop off point we passed Pirate who was walking the road. We would have given him a ride but the car was full. The temps were nice and cool and sunny out. I made it to Hightop Hut within a couple hours. When I ...
    Categories
    2010 thru hike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3499.jpg 
Views:	290 
Size:	692.2 KB 
ID:	12199   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3505.jpg 
Views:	305 
Size:	625.1 KB 
ID:	12198