WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

All Journal Entries

1. availability of cannisters on trail for pocket rocket

Quote Originally Posted by smsinnh View Post
    Hi: are cannisters readily available on the trail for pocket rocket? thanks 2013 hiker wannabe
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. A Little Setback.

We were supposed to take another training hike this past Sunday but I ended up in the hospital over the weekend

I was having "unexplained" chest pain and so went to the emergency room because I was afraid it was my heart.

Long story short, they did all the tests and couldn't find anything wrong so started asking questions about my recent activities.

Well, yeah, I did help F4ever move that new washer in on Saturday and then we did do that hike ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Getting Better

Good morning,
    I am getting better, stronger, and eager to get back on the trail. Today is the last day of 45 days of I.V. antibiotics and my daily efforts are all geared toward getting back to Maine.
    Started sobo on Fathers Day 6/17, Kataydin by noon and early to bed at Kataydin Spring camp that night. Just shy of 100 miles later I was rescued from Chairback mountain by the Greenville F.D. and many volunteers from what resulted in being a Strep infection in my blood that attacked ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. hikerboys cyber cafe

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Old Owl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Train Wreck View Post
    How do you manage that? Seriously? please don't be joking...
    No joke.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GTB_Margarita_package011.jpg 
Views:	349 
Size:	224.4 KB 
ID:	17023+Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lime.jpg 
Views:	365 
Size:	53.7 KB 
ID:	17024+Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lexanmargaritaglass_148305.jpg 
Views:	372 
Size:	97.4 KB 
ID:	17025+Click image for larger version. 

Name:	64194-4.jpg 
Views:	363 
Size:	16.4 KB 
ID:	17026

Premixed drinks can be had at any store nowadays.... Store the platy with Margarita frozen next to the water platy.... Cut the lime and rim it & salt micro cutting board ( I use a cutting sheet as a support to my pack from a $1 store.)
    GSI has nesting
  5. Sleeping Bags

My REI Sub Kilo +15 came yesterday. Yippee! It's not the prettiest thing to look at being lavender and brown (who comes up with these color-schemes, anyway?) but the price was right at $159, I really don't care about the color and it had good ratings. At exactly 2lbs., what's not to like?

When I took it out of the package I thought to myself "How is this thin little thing going to keep me warm?" Well, just about anyone who lives in Florida blasts the AC until it's about ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized