WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

Recent Journals Posts

1. Appalachian Trail - Shenandoah National Park - Skyland to Rock Springs

It’s September 24th, National Public Lands Day AND Family Hiking Day. We decided to go to Shenandoah National Park to complete another tiny section of the Appalachian Trail. We entered the park at Thornton Gap and found that park entrance was FREE for this excellent day!! That saved us $20 for the vehicle. We quickly filled out a Backcountry Camping Permit and were on our way to the parking area at Little Stony Man, right next to Skyland. We ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Done . . .

Not sure who-all might be keeping up with my journals, but wanted to let everybody know I've decided not to complete my through hike this year
    Tags: 1'", 1ˤˢ Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Mount Katahdin detailed 26min Hike - 17 September 2016

Good Day Everyone,

I will be hiking in 2018 but still haven't decided to do SOBO or NOBO or YOYO from Canada eh. But I guess I will decide later on.

Recently I did a trip up the HUNT Trail in Katahdin on 17 Sep 16 and I did a very detailed video over 25minutes that will help many Thru-Hikers see what the end is. I did meet over 20 Thru-Hikers and they were just speeding up that mountain with ease it wasn't funny. I have posted the You Tube link below but am I allowed ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Books by dudes my age who hiked the AT

Thanks for that one, Bill! It'll be something to refer to in those moments when the Real Hikers make me feel like a fraud.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Bill View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliotrope View Post
    I resonate with your conundrum. Just Bill has made some very good points. I'm wondering if this might be an opportunity for a new white blaze forum. Seems there are a lot of us middle-age guys that want both financial freedom and the ability to take extended backpacking trips. I am not a through hiker yet. But there seems to be want to be through hikers that have
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Trail of Tears

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Bluebird View Post
    Just saw a banner running on the local news that the US Forest Service is apologizing for ripping up parts of the Trail of Tears on the AT. I have searched White blaze but can not find any discussions regarding this. Can anyone shed some light on this news or direct me to the Forum?
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast