WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

All Journal Entries

1. Day 4

Trail Day: 4
    Date: 2013-03-28
    Start Location: Bruce and Darlene’s House, recooperating from injury
    Today’s Miles: 0

Updated 04-13-2013 at 13:43 by Sunshine Tami Jo

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Springer to Neel...again

Second time I've done this section. I have to say it never gets old. The second time actually got better. Got to see Blood Mountain on a clear day. Went through the "cave" on the right side of the Blood Mountain shelter a few times and climbed up from the other side of the cave up to the top of the rocks. It was a great experience. And the people? The people were great. I went on this trip to get away from people. Who woulda thunk I would meet some of the coolest people I've met in my ...

Updated 04-13-2013 at 10:34 by Broken_Arrow

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Train down to Georgia

people ask me why i'm going,
    honestly, folks i haven't got a clue.
    are there some things that i'm running from?
    oh yea
    but there's also things that i am running to...

i just gotta move on.

Updated 04-11-2013 at 22:58 by jingle jangle

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. saying farewell

Heading into a weekend of saying farewell, and lots of "don't worries". Really really really.... ready to go. Lots of biking and some swimming this week cause I'm sure gonna miss that, but the ups and downs of life lie just ahead and if you forgot already i'mreallyreallyREALLYreadytogo!
    Monday April 15, "tax day".
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Neel Gap

Made it that first 32 miles plus the approach trail. Took a night off at Blood Mountain Cabins (highly recommended) split the cost with Hercules and Will. They are staying behind for a "zero" and Will is recooping from some 24 hour deal. The hike has been amazing so far. Meeting cool people, Brian, Jan from Germany, Patricia and Peppy, Slingshot, Froggy Pete and so many others. Great trail magic too with hot dogs and Ham and Cheese Sandwiches at a gap I can't remember right now, but thank ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized