WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

All Journal Entries

1. Re-supply box's on thier way.

Today sent out four re-supply box's loaded with five day's of food each including Henna's dog food. Looking at the weather pattern today looks like the fronts are beginning to push through Georgia. This is the time of year we see the battle of the cool dry air trying to push the warm humid air out. Could be an interesting time on the trail definitely pack rain gear and warm clothing.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Looking for help purchasing something to send emails and post journals from the trail

Quote Originally Posted by BrianLe View Post
    I'm with Miner in prefering an Android with extra battery(s), but I too hiked with others that did just fine with an iPhone.

Cost: I suggest that you one of the cheaper smartphones that AT&T says they support on their GoPhone (pay as you go) plans. Much cheaper approach over the long haul if you don't otherwise need or want a contract.
    As of fairly recently when I looked, Verizon wouldn't put any smartphone on their equivalent pre-paid daily plan, and Sprint and T-Mobile
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Springer To Fontana 2012, One week to go.

Down in Florida after a two day drive from New England. Helping out my daughter after having surgery, 10 year old granddaughter will be helping pack the re-supply boxs for a Monday drop off at the post office. still going stoveless and after the recent rodent issue's now going shelter'less planning on camping out. Just received the 9000 amp charged cell for the cell phone not for call's but rather for my journal, weather update and my reading on the kindle app. Think I maybe carry'ing to much food ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. January Thru Hiker Needs Company

Quote Originally Posted by P0PS View Post
    Just knowing I'm not the only fool is comfort enough.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. January Thru Hiker Needs Company

Quote Originally Posted by kayak karl View Post
    5 of us left springer in January. by Hiawathi we were completely separated. its a very hard time of year to hike with someone.
    i wish you a good hike and happy birthday.

kk
    Categories
    Uncategorized