WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

All Journal Entries

1. Best Cooking stove??

planning a section hike late may with son, (son is graduating from college)
    was looking at different stovesstove to use. made one out of water bottle to use with denature alcohol, but didnt know what would be best is there one you can buy thats light weight and dependable?

if you have sugestions please reply here or email, @ [email protected]
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Test weigh-in of my pack

I just weighed my pack the old fashioned step on the scale with your pack on, step on the scale without it, then subtract the difference. My pack weighs 22.5 pounds sans food and water. That's much lighter than I thought it would be! I have a few more items on their way but the total weight of them should not be more than a pound combined. I will try to post a finalized gear list soon.

I can't wait to start this journey!
    Tags: gear, pack weight Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. 7 Weeks

Out of curiosity, I looked at the calendar and discovered that today is precisely seven weeks out from the start of my hike.

Attaching an exact number to the time left before departure certainly makes it real -- daily planning left to do (mileage, where to stop for the night, sights to see, resupply, etc.), real work to do for clients so none of my professional contacts are left high and dry while I'm gone, and plenty of projects around the cabin that need to be done before I go (including ...

Updated 02-08-2012 at 22:51 by bgood360

Tags: prep, preparation Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. 50-60 mile loop off AT?

I'm looking for a good 50 - 60 mile loop hike off of the Appalachian Trail somewhere in the Georgia/North Carolina area. I've researched a little bit of the Georgia loop, but are there any other good loops around that can compare?
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Do most hikers use trail maps on the at?...

I'd like to just carry parts of the Companion on the trail...but would that be enough?...I do tend to get turned around easily...but i figure the trail is marked well?...maybe?...
    Categories
    Uncategorized