WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

Rains2girl

1. We're dehydraring our OWN food

While gathering rain gear, choosing base layers and deciding bear canister or bag, in the back of my mind has been this little voice asking, "What about the food? Do you really want to eat the salty, store bought foil packed stuff?"

I was feeling pretty uncomfortable with the thought of doing something so good as hiking the AT and then nourishing with something not-so-good but very convenient so I did a little snooping and found a fabulous website that told me just ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. A Little Setback.

We were supposed to take another training hike this past Sunday but I ended up in the hospital over the weekend

I was having "unexplained" chest pain and so went to the emergency room because I was afraid it was my heart.

Long story short, they did all the tests and couldn't find anything wrong so started asking questions about my recent activities.

Well, yeah, I did help F4ever move that new washer in on Saturday and then we did do that hike ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Sleeping Bags

My REI Sub Kilo +15 came yesterday. Yippee! It's not the prettiest thing to look at being lavender and brown (who comes up with these color-schemes, anyway?) but the price was right at $159, I really don't care about the color and it had good ratings. At exactly 2lbs., what's not to like?

When I took it out of the package I thought to myself "How is this thin little thing going to keep me warm?" Well, just about anyone who lives in Florida blasts the AC until it's about ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Humid!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_3513[1].jpg 
Views:	341 
Size:	600.7 KB 
ID:	16962It was so humid the day of our first hike, the camara lens fogged up!
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. First Pratice Hike

Sunday morning we headed out for our first real practice hike with loaded packs. We're both carrying the REI Flash62 I had 20 lbs (4lbs water) and F4ever had 32 (6 lbs water). We're using Camelpaks and they're really convenient and even in the Florida heat and humidity, kept the water cool for quite a while. The REI packs have a hook for the resevior to keep it in place as it empties.

We found a semi-hilly mountain bike park close by on the Doris Leper Preserve that even though the ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast