WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

All Journal Entries

1. DAY ONE. "ALONE"

ALONE....... That's the way I prefer it! I'm not anti-social, however I like my alone time. I get to think about whatever I want without distractions. I don't have people ask stupid questions, when usually the answer is in the question. I think some people just babble to hear themselves.
    ALONE at last.... I'm on the trail, hiking from Neels Gap Ga. to Damascus Va. Time means nothing, I have all the time in the world.
    Late yesterday afternoon I got dropped off at Neels Gap by ...
    Tags: 1'", 1ˤˢ Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Photos 1

3. You choose a title! (Part 3)

Pretty awful first day of hiking for me, wasn't it? Fortunately, my trip got a LOT better.

I spent the next day visiting gift shops, bandaging up my leg gash, finding out that the state park charges $16 per person to visit The Flume, trying to soothe a sore throat, fruitlessly looking for moose along the Kancamagus Highway, and getting a meal at a fast-food joint with wifi. Between my throat infection, drinking cold soda, and the air-conditioning of the latter place; I began to shiver ...

Updated 08-16-2016 at 14:34 by GoldenBear

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. You choose a title! (Part 2)

Continued from Part 1

Once again, miscalculation. Liberty Springs Trail is just as full of rocks as the other parts I had walked on, my legs were more stiff than before, and my mouth was getting quite dry after drinking the last of my water. Thus, I still couldn’t travel downhill at a rate of even one mile an hour – I still had well over a mile to go when I lost all lighting (no moon out this night).

Fortunately, I was smart enough to bring a flashlight on this “day” ...

Updated 08-16-2016 at 14:24 by GoldenBear

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. You choose a title! (Part 1)

I had several ideas for the title to this blog, but couldn’t decide which to use. If I thought anybody would take the time to respond to this blog, I might ask for a vote. Instead, I’ll just make it clear that my tales could be titled -
    “Better Late Than Never”
    “Not Ready For Prime Time (ie, the Whites)”
    “A Tale of Two Walks”
    “For Lack Of a Hiking Pole”
    “Quote from Lethal Weapon

It is certainly a legitimate question on why I have no A.T. hiking ...
Page 63 of 596 FirstFirst ... 13 53 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 73 113 163 563 ... LastLast