WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

All Journal Entries

1. Wide Light Warm-Weather Sleeping Bag

Does anyone know of a 2 pound bag that is at least 35 inches wide in the hips?

I like to sleep with one leg hiked up at a 90 degree angle. And because I am 6’1” tall, this means I need a bag that is 35-36 inches wide in the middle. Since I’m 185 pounds, it can be narrower at the foot and shoulders.

I found the North Face Mercurial bag (1 lb. 10 oz.), but as best I can tell (at its EU site) it is only 32 inches wide.

I have a 20 degree bag that is 36 inches ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Mouser

I would like to find Attila and Long Trail's blogs but can't seem to figure out where they are on this site. Any help would be appreciated. If Kdawg, Caver, Hook, Big Time, Bug Whisperer, Rocky, Hacker, Buddha or anyone else we hiked with this spring in the Nantahala National Forest and the Great Smoky Mountains has a blog here, I'm interested in them too. We caught 19 mice in shelters June 18-25, the week we hiked from Dick's Creek Gap to Fontana Dam!!! Finally our feet have dried out....sadly ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. New Hiker

Thinking of starting section hike at springer for 3-5 days. I know its hot, but when would be a good time to go for the youngsters (14 yo). Any recomendations on where to end the hike etc. Any info will help. Thanks
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Ok for 17 yr old son to hike AT by himself?

Quote Originally Posted by Mchales navy View Post
    What are your thoughts on having a 17 yr old guy hiking by himself on AT for a couple of nights? Other parents are telling me he is too young and someone could take advantage of him. Looking at hiking near Roan mountain. What do experienced hikers think? Thanks
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. New look. I like the look of the whiteblaze web site but I miss the ramdom pictures

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    Attention

I am looking at trying to incorporate a new software upgrade this coming Monday (20 June) if all goes well. Update: now it looks like the update will be Tuesday (21 June).

I just wanted to give everyone a heads up in case they try to log onto the web site and have some issues at the beginning of next week.

This upgrade has been overdue for over a year now. We cannot put it off any longer.

Thank you and please be patient.
    Categories
    Uncategorized