WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

All Journal Entries

1. Hiking the AT in section

I am planning to hike the AT but would like to do it a section at a time. I would like to start in Georgia and plan to hike a month to a month and a half each summer. Any suggestions?

Thank you
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. What hiking pack do you recommend?

I was considering buy this pack, but didn't know if there was something just as good, if not better, for a lower price! I just don't want a pack falling apart on me. Of course I could sew it if that did happen!

Thanks,
    Laura
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Georgia Section Questions

Quote Originally Posted by Hooch View Post
    Deep Gap. Just shy of 7 miles north of the GA/NC state line.

I agree, Deep Gap is the best place if you are going SOBO. There really is no break in the ups/downs from Deep Gap going southward towards Neels Gap.

off subject but the trail changes dramatically from Deep Gap to Garenflo Gap heading north bound. a much "gentler treadway" with the best views yet!!

Your car will also be super secure @ Byron Reese if you choose to go NOBO and ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Anyone hiking between Gorham NH and Grafton Notch this weekend?

I am leaving Friday AM from one end or the other... Just curious who else might be out there.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Ultra Light Winter Sleeping Bag suggestions?

New to backpacking (been a day hiker for years), hoping to bp into late fall. What bag would you suggest? Needs to be light d/t physical conditions. Would be interested in used bags too.
    Categories
    Uncategorized