WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

All Journal Entries

1. Neels Gap from Atlanta

If you are starting your hike in Georgia, you may ship your pack to Mountain Crossings at Neels Gap.
    They will keep your stuff safe until you arrive. Then you only need a carry on with you when you fly into Atlanta.
    We plan to help everyone do just that this summer.
  2. A breakthrough

I had a breakthrough moment with the parents last night.

I brought down the mail drops from my room and showed my parents how to send them and also gave them a map of the AT, one of the free ones you get from Shenandoah NP. Both of them were on their laptops looking up parts of the trail, shelters, towns, vistas. They were talking about where relatives are near the trail and about resupplies and "what to do if this happens" scenarios. There was excitement buzzing, not the ...
  3. And Here I Sit, Part 2

Grrrrrrr. The weather is absolutely gorgeous outside. While I should appreciate the view from my upstairs window I can't help but think how much better the view would be from somewhere on the trail. With five days to go (again), I am more impatient than ever.

At least I haven't touched my pack or other gear in two days, so maybe that's an indication of some amount of resignation that the trip will start at some point, I just have to sit back and let things come to me.

What ...

Updated 03-01-2012 at 12:34 by bgood360

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Not too far off

Three years from today. My wife and kids will drive the seven miles from our home.To the Appalachian approch Trail.
    Where I will start the trip of a life time.

Yes I said three years After three good starts that ended with me at home and off the trail it's time to do it right.

Updated 03-01-2012 at 01:40 by trucker2015

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6