WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

Recent Journals Posts

1. Testing, testing. Can you hear me now?

Dreamer here, From 6/13/12 Blog Post: tntonthetrail.blogspot.com)

Learning to Blog was a big deal for this old-timer! Now I know enough to be dangerous. ;-). It occurred to me a couple weeks ago that I would have to learn how to blog from my cell phone, so that I could keep the blog update while hiking. This is my first attempt at creating a blog entry from my cell phone. Also, below, I am learning how to upload short (blogspot only allow short ones) videos. Let me know what you ...
  2. Annual Spring Trip to the Bivouac in Ann Arbor

Dreamer here, (From 4/21/12 Blog Post: tntonthetrail.blogspot.com)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0674.jpg 
Views:	257 
Size:	599.8 KB 
ID:	16556

Terri & I make this trip at least once a year! The Lansing area has NO backpacking stores available with the wide selection of everything related to outdoor clothing and equipment. We did not buy that much on this trip ($296.00 before discounts: Ultra-Sil Dry Sack 'Cell Phone', 6 titanium stakes for our tent, Patagonia sweater and new hiking shoes 'Salomon Xa Pro 3d ...

Updated 07-11-2012 at 20:27 by tashaver

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Our new YouTube Channel

Dreamer here, (From 4/19/12 Blog Post: tntonthetrail.blogspot.com)

Please check out our new YouTube Channel at (TNTonthetrail). Terri & I will be adding videos as we have something worth sharing. The first one can be seen at: http://youtu.be/HlX-pCj5lks.

It is a video of what I was looking at the day I wrote the blog post "Note to Self" from March 26th. There are few things as special as a perfect beach on Maui.

Updated 07-11-2012 at 20:30 by tashaver

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Ok, let's get a few things cleared up!

Dreamer here, (From 4/19/12 Blog Post: tntonthetrail.blogspot.com)

It has come to our attention, from several of you, that you are confused on exactly what Terri & I are attempting to do. Some of you think we are car camping from GA to ME. Others can’t believe it is possible to carry enough food for five months. And we have received several questions wondering whether there are that many motels along the (AT) Appalachian Trail, or if we intend to hitch hike in the places where ...

Updated 07-11-2012 at 20:40 by tashaver

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Thirteen Statements of Wisdom by Warren Doyle

Dreamer here, (From 4/17/12 Blog Post: tntonthetrail.blogspot.com)

Thirteen statements of widsom:
    1) Walking the entire Appalachian Trail is not recreation. It is an education and a job.

2) Walking the entire Appalachian Trail is not 'going on a hike'. It is a challenging task - a journey with deeper ramifications. Are you willing to accept them and learn from them?

3) Don't fight the Trail. You have to flow with it. Be cooperative with the Trail, neither ...
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast