WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

Recent Journals Posts

1. Mom and Me on the AT: "hike your own hike"

So the blog post I was going to share here is entirely too long to post. I am just going to provide links to my blogger.com blog. Enjoy!

http://momandmeontheat.blogspot.com/...-own-hike.html
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Hit a dry spell - Part 2

When you last heard from me, I was Johns Spring Shelter, having seen a bear but not one place to get a drop of water. No surprise that I abandoned the idea of washing myself and my clothes; instead I resolved to get water the next day. Since I was the only there as it began to get dark, I planned on a quiet night under this roof.

Then "Uncle," "Nephew," and "Niece" (U-N-N, for short) arrived.
    I like telling the truth -- and the WHOLE truth -- in ...
  3. Maybe I'm mediocre after all!

My wife and I still joke, after 30 years, about a TV announcer repeatedly bad-mouthing our football team -- until, when they were up by over three touchdowns, he said, "Maybe they have a good team after all." I make this post -- about a hike two weeks ago (yes, I'm falling behind) -- in that spirit. Last year's hikes, which I described as "too muddy, too muggy, too buggy", made me feel I was too slow to complete all 2185 miles of The Trail. This trek revived my confidence. ...
  4. Hit a dry spell - Part 1

As those parts of The Trail, that I have not walked, become farther away from both my home and usable mass transit, it has become increasingly difficult to get to a trail head from which I can then get to another trail head no more than fifty miles away. That distance is my "magic" number, in that it's about the maximum I can expect to hike in five days. That time period is the maximum I can plan to be away from responsibilities of mine that I prefer not to neglect. However, last week ...

Updated 08-22-2014 at 20:09 by GoldenBear

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. shelter etiquette

Quote Originally Posted by Kraken Skullz View Post
    Well said Dogtra.

I have a saying that I like to bring up when forums get hot under the collar. It's actually a simple poem that goes like this:

You have your opinion and I have mine.
    We can disagree and that's just fine.
    Let's keep it courteous and not cross the line, because when words try to hurt us, we all lose our mind.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast