WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

All Journal Entries

1. Gluten Free and Loving it

I have Celiac Disease. The only way to stay healthy is to eat a strict gluten free diet. This means omitting and foods containing wheat, rye and barley.

This will be a challenge on the trail.

Anyone out there with experience doing a restricted diet? Please share your tricks and tips!

Happy Hiking

Updated 09-02-2011 at 10:23 by weaverbird

Categories
    Gluten
  2. Halo

Hi i live in Scotland & would be most interested in making new friends from abroad ,just for hike,climb chat whats what & were
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Looking for Hiking Companion

I am currently hiking in the Hot Springs, NC area and am interested in finding out if anyone else is hiking in this area or plans to hike in this area in the near future so we could maybe hike together. I am headed North to the Damascus, Virginia area.

Thanks.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Edge of the Woods Outfitters in PA is still open.

I heard there was a rumor going around whiteblaze.net that Edge of the Woods outfitters in Delaware Water Gap, PA had closed. This rumor is false, they are open 7 days a week from memorial day - labor day.
    Tags: dwg, outfitter Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Would like company for Section Hiking

I am in the process of section hiking the AT. I have done all of Georgia and most of North Carolina. I am 62 and do about 8 to 12 miles per day. I usually do 4 days to 10 days at a time. Does anyone know of a group or would like to join me on individual hikes in the spring of 2012 on various section hikes for safety purposes and to make the hikes more interesting? I wanted to put this up again to see if there was any more interest. Thanks

Updated 10-03-2011 at 23:35 by Warrior II

Categories
    Uncategorized