WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

All Journal Entries

1. A pleasant walk occasionally interrupted - Part B

> [Upper Goose Ponds Cabin] was a a place I didn't want to leave -- which may explain the next part of the story.

I'm sure both of the people who actually read my journal entries have experienced paroxysms of anguish, waiting to hear what's "the next part of the story."
    It's actually pretty straightforward. On a day when I wanted to (again) get another early start to the day, I zipped off from UGPC with a burst of energy, both arms swinging along as they were both ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Humid!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_3513[1].jpg 
Views:	348 
Size:	600.7 KB 
ID:	16962It was so humid the day of our first hike, the camara lens fogged up!
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. First Pratice Hike

Sunday morning we headed out for our first real practice hike with loaded packs. We're both carrying the REI Flash62 I had 20 lbs (4lbs water) and F4ever had 32 (6 lbs water). We're using Camelpaks and they're really convenient and even in the Florida heat and humidity, kept the water cool for quite a while. The REI packs have a hook for the resevior to keep it in place as it empties.

We found a semi-hilly mountain bike park close by on the Doris Leper Preserve that even though the ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. A pleasant walk occasionally interrupted - Part A

The sport of golf has been described as, "A pleasant walk occasionally interrupted by a swing of a piece of metal."* My backpacking walk last week -- a measly forty miles from Dalton south to Highway 23 near Great Barrington -- can best be described as, "A pleasant walk occasionally interrupted by mosquitoes, blisters, scrapes, lack of water, heat, humidity, unfounded fears, and frightened goats." Indeed, I can only say that, if every hike were like these days, I might actually ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Fatherman and Loner on the AT 2012

Fatherman has posted his video of when he and Loner finally got to meet each other in Kent, CT.
    Loner has been following Fatherman's video blog since before he left on his own journey north - how fitting they met at a laundromat. Both Loner and Fatherman are AT film journalists filming their way along the AT so Loner was very excited to finally meet one of he great inspirations. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmKbs5AuuRw&feature=plcp
    Categories
    Uncategorized