WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

Recent Journals Posts

1. Day #4 and #5

12/13/14 5:55pm
    Today was a ****ty day to me…My strap on my pack broke, butRedemption was slick enough to rig up something that last me till Hawk MountainShelter. Today we hiked 4.5 miles. We are still going slow, but there are noinjuries…just blisters. I can see that I am getting irritable. There was a lotof activity on the trail today…probably weekend day hikers. Tomorrow, we aregonna try 7.7 miles to Gooch Mountain Shelter. Hopefully my pack makes it totown…I already need to replace a ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Day #3 to Three Forks

12/13/14 5:55pm
    Today was a ****ty day to me…My strap on my pack broke, butRedemption was slick enough to rig up something that last me till Hawk MountainShelter. Today we hiked 4.5 miles. We are still going slow, but there are noinjuries…just blisters. I can see that I am getting irritable. There was a lotof activity on the trail today…probably weekend day hikers. Tomorrow, we aregonna try 7.7 miles to Gooch Mountain Shelter. Hopefully my pack makes it totown…I already need to replace a ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Day #2 to Black Gap

12/12/14 7:14pm
    Wow, what a day! We summited Springer. Which was the hardestthing yet to do. I thought she was gonna give up, but she didn’t. After summitting springer, wesaw the most amazing view and felt better than ever…We were ready for themission. We got to see some amazing forestry on our way to stover creek. Wepassed the shelter and found a camp ground near three forks. I think we did atotal of 6.4 miles today…MY feet are starting to kill me…tomorrow, it’s HawkMountain. Are bears ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Day #1 was rough

12/11/14 8:12am
    Ok, this has been the coldest experience of my entire life.We arrived at Amicalola Falls on Tuesday and stayed the night at the shelterthere. We had a few things to do before we started. Then yesterday was day #1.It was as cold as it can get. I am notsure how smart this winter thru hike was, but oh well, we are gonna keep going.Day #1, we officially hiked to Frosty Mountain and set up camp. I need to learnhow to build a fire ASAP. We hiked 4.8 miles on day #1 and our packs ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized