WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

freezy39

1. Wednesday, December 21, 2011 First Donations! First Gear! Yeehaw!

www.5millionsteps.com
    I just recently received a couple Christmas presents from family (Darcy, Jen, Mark, Chris, and my mom) that allowed me to buy a pair of shoes for the trail and a backpack for the trip. I also received $40 from the sale of a donated helmet(Terry) that helped in the purchase as well. Lyndsey Winton, a co-worker of mine, is the first to donate cold hard cash to the charities. Thanks everyone! They say shoes, sleeping ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Wednesday, December 7, 2011 Sponsorships and Letters

www.5millionsteps.com
    Ahoy there! I have been working hard sending letters to raise funds and hopefully get some gear donations for my trip. I have also started looking for sponsorships for my website so local businesses can be advertised that have helped the cause. Once I get a few lined up I will contact the local newspaper and hopefully get some attention to the website. It is quite beautiful here in Boulder right now. Very cold ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Friday, November 18, 2011 Gear Stuff

www.5millionsteps.com
    I am now writing proposals to a couple gear companies near Boulder and asking for some donations to help me along my trip. I am looking for anything from water filtration and a headlamp to boots, a tent, and a backpack. Anything will help that is for sure. Thanks to Nancy Hightower, an old business teacher, for helping me with the proposals. Also thanks to Terry, my roommate's boyfriend, who donated a snowboard, ...
    Tags: hulk, yeast Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Sunday, November 13, 2011 A few new things

I am trying to get a Paypal button for donations but my banking site is down for some reason right now... I updated the charities section and included the second charity. Read all about it! I am going to try blogspot and link these two sites together since there seems to be no way to get to this page unless I ask you to get to it directly. www.5millionsteps.com Let's see... I will be working on my letters to companies to ask for gear donations ...
    Tags: ninja, ticks Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Thursday, November 10, 2011 A lot of work, little reward...until now!

I had put a lot of effort into my training, my business cards, my site, research, and not much was blossoming. I went weeks without posting because there was nothing to post. I didn't hike because of the snow in Boulder and the mountains are too muddy. I don't have boots yet and my projects to raise money for were taking a while to pin down. Then, out of the blue, a plethora of karma or luck broke through. Works for me! First of all, we ...
    Tags: charity, chickens Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast