WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

BOBINJAX

1. Bailed from Hike

I didn't get very far. Had far to much weight and arthritis was much worse than I thought.
    Got as far as Hightower Gap and then got a ride with two wonderful female school teachers from Indiana to the Hiker Hostel where my wife picked me up. Talking about "trail angels"? These two ladies volunteered to carry my 51 lb pack for six miles to where they had parked while I carried their child carrier to Hightower. I met up with them at Hightower and they gave me a ride in. I don't think ...

Updated 04-19-2011 at 20:00 by BOBINJAX

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Starting My Hike

Getting ready to head back up to Springer to start my hike. The weathe report is terrible for this afternoon and tonight so I hope to get to a shelter and get set up before it hits.
    The rest of the week is forecast to be great.
    Wish me luck..........................
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Getting Ready to Start

Made it to Springer Mtn on 4/2 and went to the top from the north side of the mtn. Plan a shuttle from the visitors' center tomorrow morning over to Springer Mtn to pick up there. Sure hope I have enough but not to much gear. Have already met several very nice people and hope to meet up with them again on the train. Thanks to my wonderful spouse for driving me up to N. Ga. from Fla. and even hiking up to Springer with me.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. March April Start Date

I have been planning on starting my thru hike between Mar. 15th and April 1lst but due to surgery on my left arm I don't know when I will get going. I start therapy tomorrow and my dr. is talking 10 weeks recovery time. I may have my spouse drive me up about two weeks distance from Springer and heading north from there and then coming back down by public transportation to pick up where I started and finish the south leg. Does this seem to be a logical plan??
    Categories
    Uncategorized