WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

Recent Journals Posts

1. Section Hike continues: Standing Bear to Damascus VA

This summer I plan to continue my section hike from Standing Bear Farm to Damascus VA. Videos of my previous sections can be found at https://www.youtube.com/user/rockwalker01. 14 Days on the trail for this section. This will be the longest hike I have ever been on. I'm gonna get to do some mail drops. Which is also a first for me.

I'm excited
    Rockwalker
  2. Were you at the Parade? So was I...

3. Thru hiker needs ride from Marion Va to Damascus

Hi everyone! Its a pleasure to finally be on this site and posting! Haha. Two weeks ago I finally thought it was tie to live out my dream and Thru Hike at Appalachian Trail. While I may not be getting to do the whole thing this year, the whole nostalgia of hiking 1,719 miles will still remain the same. There's ony one snag. I need a ride from R & M Heating an Cooling Contractors in Marion, Virginia ( where the bus is leaving me) to Damascus Va for Trail Days. I will be getting into Marion ...
  4. Please allow me to introduce....

5. Wander Women and Trail Days

Folks have been asking me how Wander Women, the book, is coming along. In the interest of brevity, you may go to my BLOG and follow the progress there. I chronicled the adventures and misadventures of ten lady thru-hikers in 2012. I followed them - solo or two at a time - down the AT from Maine to Georgia. Eight of the ten are now 2,000-milers.

Now I am very busy writing WANDER WOMEN: What Ten Thru-Hikers Taught One Angel about Pleasure, Pain, and Pink- Blazing on the Appalachian Trail. ...