WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

Recent Journals Posts

1. Hit a dry spell - Part 1

As those parts of The Trail, that I have not walked, become farther away from both my home and usable mass transit, it has become increasingly difficult to get to a trail head from which I can then get to another trail head no more than fifty miles away. That distance is my "magic" number, in that it's about the maximum I can expect to hike in five days. That time period is the maximum I can plan to be away from responsibilities of mine that I prefer not to neglect. However, last week ...

Updated 08-22-2014 at 20:09 by GoldenBear

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. shelter etiquette

Quote Originally Posted by Kraken Skullz View Post
    Well said Dogtra.

I have a saying that I like to bring up when forums get hot under the collar. It's actually a simple poem that goes like this:

You have your opinion and I have mine.
    We can disagree and that's just fine.
    Let's keep it courteous and not cross the line, because when words try to hurt us, we all lose our mind.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Trash

I have been taking 'walks' on the LT/AT for the last couple of years. I have met a lot of hikers and really enjoy talking with those that have time to visit for a few minutes. My wife and I have helped out a few hikers with rides and the use of our home. It is a great adventure that folks have undertaken. We wish all a safe journey. Yesterday during my walk, I noticed some 'trash' left 'behind'. I was really surprised to see it, because, as I mentioned, I have been walking this trail for a couple ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized