WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

All Journal Entries

1. Day of reckoning

After more than a year of thought it is decided that i will make the final steps in the Adventures of Ratchet doing the AT. That has been set and final preparations are here to do. Purchasing the bus ticket. packing the last of the 'home dehydrated food packs', and trying to pinpoint where I will be 'when'. That is the easy part. The hard part is trusting Mother Nature. Hoping in fair weather the whole trip. Yea, right!. Anyway, the final days are here and I'm intrigued by my fellow hikers remarks ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. AT Group Section Hike Wind Gap, PA to Bear Mnt, NY

Quote Originally Posted by Free_bird View Post
    Hi, Im planning NOBO group section hike from Delaware Water Gap, Pa to Bear Mtn, NY. (Aprox. 111 mi.) Im leaving Saturday, June, 29th @ 8am. If everything goes as planned, It should be a 6 day hike. Here is a list of the event:

Meet up @ Water Gap Diner 7am. 6am if your going to eat. 55 Broad St, Delaware Wtr Gap, PA 18327. Get dropped off, bus it in or make parking arrangements ahead of time. Departing at 8am.

Im a fan of hike your own hike so here are my plans. If your
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. 3/12 - Crossed into NC and got my trail name!

Great day for 2 reasons! #1 - Crossed into NC, one state down, 13 to go! #2 - Got my trail name: "Patriot". Irish gave me the name because of the Patriots cap that I wear everyday. Irish has done the trail 4 times in 4 years and we both started from the same hostel on the same day this year. Today I hiked 11.8 miles for a total of 81.4 Miles. Hiked from Dicks Creek Gap to Muskrat Creek. Started the day alone and hiked in the fog and getting pelted w ice from the trees. Caught up to ...

Updated 03-13-2013 at 19:59 by smsinnh

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. on the AT at last

At the springer shelter sitting out the rain tonight.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. The AT Portion of Our School Day

When the studies were done we got down to some of our AT prep work:

First we had to finish some Trail Magic Bags for the AT hikers we hope to encounter.

Our first batch is finished....overstuffed and ready to go! Tomorrow we start on the green ones!

Then it was time for our daily training hike. Our goal for March is to hike/walk 3+ miles daily for 6 days out of each week.....with packs. The initial training weight of Snacktime's pack is 7.8 lbs. Next week ...

Updated 03-11-2013 at 21:12 by Teacher & Snacktime

Categories
    Uncategorized