WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

Recent Journals Posts

1. My training for 2015, Training Day 18 - 21

Training Day 18 - 21: June 27 - 30
    I decided last weekend was the time to start hiking for real. With the equipment already listed, 4 days food, merino wool long under layer, a compression shirt and a spare pair of liner socks, I set out on Friday afternoon with a total pack weight of about 40 pounds. I would have preferred to start earlier in the day, but I was depending on a ride to a bus that goes to the trail. By the time I got to the trail the temp was in the 90’s.

Updated 06-30-2014 at 21:33 by lordwilliam

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. My Brief Intro

Hi everyone! My name is Clay I'm 16 years old and next year starting March 1st I'll be thru-hiking the Appalachian Trail going NOBO solo. Ever since I heard my dad talk about the AT about 5 years ago I've wanted to do it. It sounded like so much fun! I remember seeing thru-hikers when we would go to the Smokies but it didn't really register in my mind who they were and what they were doing until thinking upon those moments years later.
    It wasn't until last year when my dream to hike ...
  3. My training for 2015, Training Day 17

Training Day 17: June 25
    Well I have assembled a collection of “Old School” equipment just to experience a weighted pack. I took the loaded pack out for a test spin yesterday for about 4 miles and it worked acceptably.

Equipment includes:

1. 20+ year old EMS 4500 pack, 7.75 pounds
    2. 40+ year old Holubar synthetic mummy bag, 4 pounds
    3. 1 year old Walmart tent, 3 pounds
    4. 60 year old Coleman Peak 1 cook pot set, .75 pound
    5. 40 year old EFI (Hank Roberts) stove,
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. North bound

Meet the 1st 2 North bounders of the year yesterday. It was at the swinging bridge in Clarendon VT. The swinging bridge is dedicated to Bob Brugman. He was a 17 year old hiker from New Jersey that lost his life trying to cross the river a couple of days after a flood in 1973. The bridge had been taken out by the flood and he tried to cross over it on a fallen pine tree. They built a new suspended bride and named it in his honor. Yesterday, my wife and I went over the bridge for a 2 hour hike. I ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Something Missing...

Hello all, I am a 34 yr old female. Here’s what I am noticing in my life. I have DONE all of the things that a woman is supposed to do. I am mother of handsome 5yr old boy- who's just about to start kindergarten. I just got a promotion in my full time job with supervisory responsibilities that more than pays for the bills without my husband’s support. I have my Bachelor degree. I have my own home in my own name. I started a business, which is mildly successful at least enough to make sure that my ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast