WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

Nu-DeKnee

1. 3/4's behind me!

Lee, MA to Springer Mt. was a beautiful 107 days of ups and downs, with glory mixed in, physical~mental, and spiritually!
    Blessed to be on my way back up to Maine, to cascade back down to my MA starting point.
    Best of all i will be passing lots of northbound hikers (once more) that I met and enjoyed along the way in VA, and other states.
    Till then......
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. saying farewell

Heading into a weekend of saying farewell, and lots of "don't worries". Really really really.... ready to go. Lots of biking and some swimming this week cause I'm sure gonna miss that, but the ups and downs of life lie just ahead and if you forgot already i'mreallyreallyREALLYreadytogo!
    Monday April 15, "tax day".
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Treking Soon

Leaving SOBO, on the 13th of April, from upper goose pond cabin near rte. 20, Lee, Ma.
    Plan for an all spring/summer hike to GA. Been top of Katadin and most of Maine last year, surgery knocked me off the path till now. White's and Vermont as soon as possible. Blessings to all, Nu-DeKnee
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Getting Better

Good morning,
    I am getting better, stronger, and eager to get back on the trail. Today is the last day of 45 days of I.V. antibiotics and my daily efforts are all geared toward getting back to Maine.
    Started sobo on Fathers Day 6/17, Kataydin by noon and early to bed at Kataydin Spring camp that night. Just shy of 100 miles later I was rescued from Chairback mountain by the Greenville F.D. and many volunteers from what resulted in being a Strep infection in my blood that attacked ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized