WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

All Journal Entries

1. 2015 Thru-Hike Registry

Quote Originally Posted by Can-Do View Post
    Trail name: Can-Do
    Direction: NOBO to Harpers Ferry, then flip-flop, SOBO from Katahdin to Harpers Ferry.
    Start Date: March 24, 2015
    Approach trail: No
    I've been dreaming about an AT thru-hike for about 20 years. My wife and I have been hiking sections for years. We used to live 10 miles from the 100 mile wilderness. It's time to do this before I get any older and still have my health. My wife said to go for it and will be my transporter and my
    trail support ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Thru hike attemp

Hitting the trail again. Hoefully third time will be the charm. Start date is the 7th of April.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Who is PegLegDave

hello to all,
    just a few of the details. who is PegLegDave? well Dave it a gnome who has been traveling with me over the past 8+ years on my adventures. my name is James and on this Adventure I will be traveling with my Beautiful other half Kim. I have been planning this hike for a few years now and Kim got on board about a year and a half ago. so together we have been collecting our gear and getting prepared to thru-hike the AT.we are now down to 50 days until we start! we plan on hiking ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Nobo Thru-Hike Start Date Graph - and a plea

Quote Originally Posted by Lauriep View Post
    Class of 2015:

I've created a graph from the Appalachian Trail Conservancy's 2,000-miler database to show the starting dates of thru-hikers over a 5-year period.

The data is compiled from northbounders who successfully completed their hikes and reported them to ATC from 2010-2014. It includes all of the finishers for the last 5 years (except for those who reported in the last few weeks). That number is almost exactly th[ATTACH]undefined[/ATTACH]e same as the number of
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Current A.T. trail conditions on section 15 in Virginia...Rockfish Gap to Reed's Gap

Has anyone hiked this section recently? If so, is there snow accumulation on the trail? If so, approximately how much? Thx.
    Categories
    Uncategorized