WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

All Journal Entries

1. Thorton Gap to Ashby Gap - Part 2

The 10,000 character limit on blog posts means I could not complete my comments on Day 1 AND mention how to walk between the A.T. and Matthews Arm Campground (MAC) in SNP. So I'll just fill in that minor detail on the second part of my post, then finish my report on Days 2 and 3. To those who just follow the Trail through SNP, without bothering to pay for a campground, just skip the next paragraph group.

As this pdf shows
    http://www.nps.gov/shen/planyourvisi..._area_2013.pdf ...
  2. Thorton Gap to Ashby Gap - Part 1

As noted before, a problem with section hiking is that you find gaps in your effort to complete all parts of the Trail. For me, that turned out to be a section between Thorton Gap (TG) in Shenandoah National Park (SNP), and Ashby Gap (aka U.S. Highway 50). A dozen or so trips to SNP has resulted in my covering everything from Rockfish Gap to TG, and I had made plans to complete the rest of SNP in a very piece-meal manner. However, recognizing that I would have to do Compton Gap to Ashby Gap at SOME ...
  3. ATM...Our 12th Year

Headed out for my 12th year of trail magic on the AT next week. Bringing lots of calories and love for our beloved hikers. Hoping that this year will be our best yet.....See ya soon! CookMd
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. The A.T..

I went on my first A.T hike with my wife and my oldest son for a week. We started at pine grove furnace state park and made our way towards harpers ferry. Unfortunately we did not make it that far, my wife ended up hurting her back, nothing real serious. We had a
    great time on the trail, was an experience that I will never forget..Everyone on the trail were so nice, I hope to go back this fall and pick the trail where I left off and finish my journey..awesome trail loved it...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. A four month hike on the AT from Katahdin to Harpers Ferry starting July 2, 2013

A long backpack trip is something I have always wanted to do. I started planning this last December and made several local hikes and one 75 mile trip along the Pinhoti Trail in Alabama. (A great trail which connects with the southern terminus of the AT.) Bought a new internal frame backpack, will substitute a tarp for my small tent, and trying to cut back on weight. God willing, I hope to spread some Good News along the trail as I hike from the north to the south.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cheaha Wilderness 2.jpg 
Views:	416 
Size:	105.8 KB 
ID:	22292