WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

All Journal Entries

1. New ULA Circuit FS

Quote Originally Posted by DeerPath View Post
    I bought this ULA Circuit last November (I think). It's a Medium with Extra Large Belt. I packed my gear in it and walked around the block, twice. It just isn't right for me. No damage, stains, etc. I stored it in the box it was shipped in. I've changed to Zpacks ArcBlast.
    Ask
    ing $175.00 shipped lower 48, paypal. OBO!
    http://www.ula-equipment.com/product_p/circuit.htm
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Wardens seek hikers' aid in finding woman lost from Appalachian Trail - Kennebec Jour

Quote Originally Posted by Starfly View Post
    Moderator please be leinient!!! I'm trying to help. More information forthcoming...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Irrational Fear

Snacktime and I were hiking from Milesburn Cabin to Woodrow Rd. in So Pa. Just after we were dropped off, and while we were Deet-ing up on the porch of the cabin, a car rode past, then stopped a short way up the road. The occupants didn't get out; they did nothing other than sit in the car. For whatever reason, paranoia bordering on panic set in. Fortunately Snacktime was not affected, but when I brought out my knife and stored it somewhere accessible, along with the pepperspray, he commented "You're ...

Updated 03-02-2014 at 12:17 by Teacher & Snacktime

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. What's a clueless weekender?

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher & Snacktime View Post
    This brings to mind Another Kevin and his claim to be a "Clueless Weekender". I cry SHENANIGANS! A weekender he may be, but Clueless? NOT HARDLY!!!
    I initially adopted the label to mock one of the people here who was repeatedly complaining about how the Trail's resources (shelters, nice lunch spots, viewpoints, whatever...) were taken over by the clueless weekenders. I think the guy was one of the 'entitled thru-hikers' that we hear about.

After some months, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Oh boy I'm actually about to leave...(2-27-14)

Well it has been crazy trying to get ready for my thru hike. My mind is in the right place (what ever that means) and my stuff is all sprawled out and I have checked it over and over again. My last item which was a water proof case for my camera came in the mail today which just completed my pack. I don't have the exact weight of my pack down yet but I'll probably do that tomorrow.

It was really nice talking to my brother on the phone as well and hearing how sweet he thought my whole ...
    Tags: 2014, thru hike Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized