WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

All Journal Entries

1. 2 months until launch off!

Height: 5"8
    Pulse(standing): 69bpm
    Blood Pressure (sitting): 112/70
    Weight: 159 lbs
    Body Mass Index: 24.2
    Body Surface Area: 1.85 m2

Lifestyle habits leading up to this day -
    Worked 36-52 hours a week. Work days meant sitting for about 13 hours, driving about 2 hours, and sleeping 6-8 hours. No exercise whatsoever. Typically did light indoor rock climbing for 4-6 hours a week, ran less than 8 miles a week, and did maybe a handful of situps,
  2. Official 2014 Mileage from ATC

Quote Originally Posted by Lauriep View Post
    The official mileage from Appalachian Trail Conservancy for 2014 is 2,185.3, a decrease of 0.6 miles. The mileage is collected every year for the Appalachian Trail Data Book, published by ATC. The 2014 A.T. Data Book (the 36th edition of the book) has been published and came in to ATC's warehouse in Kearneysville, WV and ATC's headquarters Harpers Ferry Friday (12/6).

The official mileage is determined every year by ATC, gathering data from the 31 A.T.-maintaining clubs. Where there
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. What do you carry your Alcohol ifuel in?

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Old Owl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by burger View Post
    Any 16-oz. soda or water bottle will be perfectly fine--I've never had one leak. I used one bottle for the entire CDT.
    The leak is from the paper and foil cap - it was designed to a one use gas tank. it is in your best interest to use another bottle well labeled - However using a soda bottle for a poison is illegal and is the source of many lawsuits. There are federal laws associated to this behavior. As Mags pointed out he knows people that have made the mistake. It was even used
    Tags: bottle, methanol, soda Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Weather on the trail

weathertrends360.com is a good site to look at long range weather forecasts. I start with Suches,Ga and work north.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Section Hiking the AT from April 9 - 20, 2014

My wife and I are starting out from Springer and hoping to make it to the GA/NC border by the end of our journey. Am concerned about the weather i'm seeing even though we're going in April it's still mighty cold at those elevations. Any comments or advice would be greatly appreciated. Good luck to all the Thru Hikers this year and Be Safe!
    Categories
    Uncategorized