WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

ec.hiker

1. I just don't dig Ultralight

I am just like the next person I want to enjoy hiking and I want to be comfotable while camping. I can understand wanting to get my pack weight down here and there. But a 5 pound pack? Seems to me you just arent going to enjoy your camping experience. I understand that that is 5 lbs without food or water but still? I just have things thahat I have to have while i AM OUT. For instance I have a camel back and I also carry a metal drinking bottle that I use for coffee. I don't carry absurd amounts ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Leaving tomorrow for my hike and now I get sick?

I am supposed to be leaving tomorrow to go on a hike and I am starting to get sick. I am about to go to the store to get some meds and vitamin c. It just blows I have been looking so forward to this trip. My cousin called to make tell me that he has to go home two days early. I might have figured out a way for him to be able to stay the whole time but since I am driving if he has to go so do I murphys law if it can happen it will! Hopefully I am not getting sick and I will be fine in the am... this ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized