WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

Recent Journals Posts

1. Awareness for veterans please read.

22 VETERANS

I am going to be thru hiking starting february 13th. A little history on myself. i joined the Marine Corps at the age of 17. by 18 i was already on my first deployment to Helmand province Afghanistan. by 20 i was heading out for my second tour and made it safely home. i finished my enlistment july of 2013 and everything went kind of rocky from then on. i found myself stripped of all of the family i grew to love. i truly felt alone, i felt worthless, i felt like a ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Maine Pictures

3. PA Break from trail - then MAINE

July 19- today was the first time I actually contemplated quitting. My feet hurt SO bad the first mile. The meds finally kicked in and the trail was really smooth today so it turned out OK. Ive got to get to a Dr in Port Clinton and get a prescription for more QPAP or something else nice and strong to get me through Maine and New Hampshire!! Strider said the trail above Port Clinton is really tough so I need to wrap my head around 13-14 mile days and be ok with that. I'll be close enough to Delaware ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. PA rocks - ouch...

July 15- shuttled with Pyro over to boiling springs in the morning and sat at cafe and checked email and posted pics to Facebook while I used their WiFi and ate a Reuben. Met hiker named thumper at ATC office. He told about Kincora hostel-bob peoples runs hostel and organizes Hard Core volunteer events that do major projects on trail. Enjoyed a zero day today. Twinkle toes and wrong way came in from the bar around 5 and said they were going to camp at the hiker site half mile south so I booked there ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized